Rockna Wavelight
Sep 25, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #1,277 of 1,586
I spoke with my dealer by phone. He’s one of a small number of authorized Rockna dealers in US. He said there is no option to change clock setting on WL

This option only exists on Wavedream.

He said Rockna is aware of the limitation on WL and they said there is a software complexity on adding the feature.

I think they should focus and accelerate an update for this. At the price point of the WL - seems like it should have the same capability to “slave” the clock to a streamer, as the Wavedream.
@David222 thank you for sharing this clarification. Indeed, I totally agree with you on this one. WL should have this option, I guess the real limit maybe space for WL software inside its hardware, considering that some other features were promised and I think are still not there (but I may be wrong since I'm not running latest software). I wonder with which dac software Server will be compatible.

Oct 4, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #1,278 of 1,586
IMG_0045.jpeg

Inserting the new developed plug and play galvanic isolated USB card. Recommended upgrade for those of you running your WL via USB! Blacker background, deeper bass, better imaging…🤩🤩

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #1,279 of 1,586
Tomorrow my Wavelight Server should arrive.
Looking forward to it

Oct 4, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #1,281 of 1,586
Tomorrow my Wavelight Server should arrive.
Looking forward to it
@ThanatosVI finally :) Congrats mate! Enjoy it at least as much as you have been waiting for it. Let us know when it arrives and share your findings with us please? So far I have seen only silver server pictures, which color is yours?

Oct 4, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #1,282 of 1,586
@ThanatosVI finally :) Congrats mate! Enjoy it at least as much as you have been waiting for it. Let us know when it arrives and share your findings with us please? So far I have seen only silver server pictures, which color is yours?
Mine will be black, needs to fit in with the rest.
The wait has been long, I hope it was worth it

Oct 4, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #1,283 of 1,586

Inserting the new developed plug and play galvanic isolated USB card. Recommended upgrade for those of you running your WL via USB! Blacker background, deeper bass, better imaging…🤩🤩
Long overdue, essential upgrade. Only one oscilator on the board? It could be something on the back.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #1,284 of 1,586
IMG_0045.jpeg

how do I acquire one of these..?! 😍

Oct 4, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #1,285 of 1,586
got excited and posted twice, woops

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #1,287 of 1,586
Talk to your Rockna supplier...
Do you think Rockna will offer this automatically as an upgrade option to choose when ordering a new unit?

Oct 5, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #1,289 of 1,586
20231005_123431.jpg

That WLS Display looks so Premium.
As used to from Rockna the unpacking was very pleasant.
Essentially same package as the DAC.

Since there is no Manual included and the Android App is not in the store yet, I couldn't play around too much yet. (There is a webpage in my local network available, I just don't know the URL... )

That means until now I just loggen into Roon (my first trial) and use the Wavelight Server via Roon.

That works flawlessly.
Sound wise it seems to be some nuances better than my T+A MP2000R directly. However this could also be due to slightly higher volume? Hard to tell at the moment

Oct 5, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #1,290 of 1,586
20231005_123431.jpg
That WLS Display looks so Premium.
As used to from Rockna the unpacking was very pleasant.
Essentially same package as the DAC.

Since there is no Manual included and the Android App is not in the store yet, I couldn't play around too much yet. (There is a webpage in my local network available, I just don't know the URL... )

That means until now I just loggen into Roon (my first trial) and use the Wavelight Server via Roon.

That works flawlessly.
Sound wise it seems to be some nuances better than my T+A MP2000R directly. However this could also be due to slightly higher volume? Hard to tell at the moment
How did you feed your MP2000R before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back