Rockna Wavelight
May 8, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #902 of 1,645
Liked your Headphone stands ! How is Ferrum amp pairing with WL ?

U didn't ask me, but I've tried the WL and Ferrum and it is a vgood pairing. better thru xlr than rca. also, Ferrum stack sounds great with the full output from the WL ie no need for reduction in dac volume. I think i prefer the Ferrum with the WL over the May as the WL has a more "fun" tuning.

May 9, 2022 at 1:51 AM Post #903 of 1,645
Liked your Headphone stands ! How is Ferrum amp pairing with WL ?
The headphone stands are Rooms Audio FS White. The pairing is quite nice. Wavelight has such a great balance between analytical and fun that I wouldn’t change it for anything. Ok, maybe with the wavedream. 😂 Oor is also a little bit on the fun side, but just a touch and with Susvara with its neutral tuning and amazing timbre it’s an inviting setup. Whenever I want to listen to music I know that I’m gonna have a good time and isn’t that what we all want?

May 9, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #904 of 1,645
U didn't ask me, but I've tried the WL and Ferrum and it is a vgood pairing. better thru xlr than rca. also, Ferrum stack sounds great with the full output from the WL ie no need for reduction in dac volume. I think i prefer the Ferrum with the WL over the May as the WL has a more "fun" tuning.

Thanks again! If you remember, before deciding between May and WL, I had a PM with you to get your thoughts and you were right about their characteristics including the bass for EDM songs. I ended up buying WL and happy about it, I dont need to set up HQp and WL sounds great out of box. Probably will get May as well sometime later as they both are great in their own ways. I heard Ferrum has smooth treble, does it mean it is not known for treble sparkles? would like you guys opinion on the treble.

May 9, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #905 of 1,645
The headphone stands are Rooms Audio FS White. The pairing is quite nice. Wavelight has such a great balance between analytical and fun that I wouldn’t change it for anything. Ok, maybe with the wavedream. 😂 Oor is also a little bit on the fun side, but just a touch and with Susvara with its neutral tuning and amazing timbre it’s an inviting setup. Whenever I want to listen to music I know that I’m gonna have a good time and isn’t that what we all want?
I am totally getting the HP stands !

May 18, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #906 of 1,645
20220518_233511.jpg

Just joined the club and complementing the WL with my M-scalered TT2. Comparatively the WL is more resolving but less warm than TT2, with better slam and imaging as well. Still in the first few hours of playing but I am already impressed by the tonality and technicality.

May 18, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #907 of 1,645
20220518_233511.jpg
Just joined the club and complementing the WL with my M-scalered TT2. Comparatively the WL is more resolving but less warm than TT2, with better slam and imaging as well. Still in the first few hours of playing but I am already impressed by the tonality and technicality.
Welcome to the club @lumdicks - I'm sure you will enjoy Rocka WL. If only it would be more compact I would keep it on my office desk, however due to dimensions I keep TT2 with M Scaler. I agree with your observation except for the warmth level: for me TT2 is a bit on colder side in comparison to WL. I suppose it really depends on the amp/cans pairing.

Play with filter and volume mode - I still can not decide which filter I like the best and there are tracks that are definityvely better with one particular filter.

Tell us more about your findings, especially with tube amps pairing.

May 19, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #908 of 1,645
Anyone have any word from Rockna on upcoming firmware update? I thought I had read somewhere they were planning to release something this year? Still use the Rockna - LOVE IT. Changed from Cardas Clear to Synergetic Excite Level 2 XLR and LOVE the sound - puts a big smile on my face every time I listen.

May 19, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #911 of 1,645
Also any news on the Wavelight server? According to the Rockna Audio Facebook page, a post from mid-Feb 2022, states that WL server will also include an upsampling engine.

I'm in the market for a new DAC by the end of the year. At the moment the Weiss DAC501 4-channel and the Rockna WL & WL server are my top picks. I believe the price of the WL & WL server would be in the same ballpark as the Weiss. I believe I'd be happy with either but this is assuming that Rockna can get the WL server out to the market by the end of the year. If not then I'll go with Weiss. But at the moment I'm keeping an open-mind.

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #912 of 1,645
Also any news on the Wavelight server? According to the Rocka Audio Facebook page, a post from mid-Feb 2022, states that WL server will also include an upsampling engine.

I'm in the market for a new DAC by the end of the year. At the moment the Weiss DAC501 4-channel and the Rockna WL & WL server my top picks. I believe the price of the WL & WL server would be on the same ballpark as the Weiss. I believe I'd be happy with either but this is assuming that Rockna can get the WL server out to the market by the end of the year. If not then I'll go with Weiss. But at the moment I'm keeping an open-mind.
Can't go wrong with either if those options.

May 19, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #913 of 1,645
Also any news on the Wavelight server? According to the Rockna Audio Facebook page, a post from mid-Feb 2022, states that WL server will also include an upsampling engine.

I'm in the market for a new DAC by the end of the year. At the moment the Weiss DAC501 4-channel and the Rockna WL & WL server are my top picks. I believe the price of the WL & WL server would be in the same ballpark as the Weiss. I believe I'd be happy with either but this is assuming that Rockna can get the WL server out to the market by the end of the year. If not then I'll go with Weiss. But at the moment I'm keeping an open-mind.
People like Holo May DAC as well in the $5K category, especially it gets on steroids with HQP upsampler software. Audition all of them if you get a chance

May 19, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #914 of 1,645
People like Holo May DAC as well in the $5K category, especially it gets on steroids with HQP upsampler software. Audition all of them if you get a chance
Holo sounds more like delta-sigma. And it require external upsampling engine, probably due to the hiding ladder defects with ultrasonic frequency scrambling. Many people like it, but it is not Rockna sound.

If you are looking in the $5k region, then Audio GD R7HE plus DI-20HE is the best value for money. It accept 10MHz exterrnal clock.

May 19, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #915 of 1,645

My dealer in Hong Kong advised me that the WL Server is available for ordering when I got the WL DAC. Price quoted is similar between the two but I do not know whether its is true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back