ROCKJAW KOMMAND Review & Impressions Thread
Jul 28, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #16 of 17
  How do these compete with Trinity Audio Deltas in terms of sound quality? I came across the Ks on Amazon for under £40 which seems great seeing as they started off over £100 in 2015. i noticed Rock Jaw don't sell them anymore on their website though, instead their flagship seems to be the Alpha Genus V2. Any ideas why they stopped selling their one time flagship?

I have been wondering this myself. Perhaps a direct contact through their website would get a definitive answer.

Aug 13, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #17 of 17
  How do these compete with Trinity Audio Deltas in terms of sound quality? I came across the Ks on Amazon for under £40 which seems great seeing as they started off over £100 in 2015. i noticed Rock Jaw don't sell them anymore on their website though, instead their flagship seems to be the Alpha Genus V2. Any ideas why they stopped selling their one time flagship?

They are about to launch their new flagship.

"We have taken everything good about the Kommand and we have vastly improved it in terms of sound quality, isolation and fit, and eartips included."

I would assume the earlier discontinuation of the Kommand is due to the oft observed issues with fit. I saw these on Amazon for that price and went for them anyway, knowing that I could always remove the ear-guides if they get too much in the way of a seal, and knowing that for £40 these are likely going to be the best sound quality you can possibly find. I received my set a week ago and I have to say I have a LOT of trouble with getting seal but when I do, and after a bit of burning in, these really do sound exceptional in at this hugely reduced price and it is well worth a buy. RockJaw are also now selling their own foam tips (which were not in production when the Kommand went on sale), I have ordered a set of the large and am hoping this will take care of the common problem without my having to remove the ear-hooks (which I actually would quite like if I could get the tips in deeper).
The new model will apparently retail at £125-150 but they have not stated the release date as of yet, only indicating that it will be before Christmas.
Although there are some issues with the fit, £40 for the Kommand is really a deal not to be missed!

apparently I am not allowed to attach images here as I'm a new member, but this is an image of the new model:
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/fd2c9bc8758428f8c36ce090a/images/fe3dbaa2-b3ee-4233-b6d0-709299ada7e2.jpg

They don't look so nice as the Kommand but I will likely be getting some if they are as good as their promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back