Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Jan 19, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #781 of 1,205
Quote:
Quote:
My audio setup (desktop setup) is something special!  That helps a lot.
L3000.gif

Excessive usage of your 149 band equalizer system.
wink.gif

HA, HA.  It is 49 and not 149.  Actually 45.......you know why.  24 bit/96 kHz tracks help, too.

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #782 of 1,205
Yeah, harsh is probably the wrong word, it's certainly active, though I'd actually like a little more too. Touch soft for my tastes.

You should definitely try some Grados for home use. The R50s are definitely nice, but my SR225i are WOW! in comparison across the board.

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #783 of 1,205
Quote:
Never tried the ER4Ps but I am thinking of getting some comply tips for the R-50s, perhaps the TX variant with the foam "wax guard" in the nozzle to tame the highs a bit. Otherwise, I like them quite a bit.

I just got my comply tx100 tips and it really took a lot of treble out of them. I don't like them very much but at this point I like it better than the tips the r50 came with because I can listen a little louder at work without people saying they can hear my music from 3 cubicles away. Its also nice that they stay in all day without adjustment. I don't like they comply tips straight out of my phone but with an external dac they sound pretty good. that's weird.

Jan 21, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #784 of 1,205
R-50 chew acoustic tracks like this up for breakfast / lunch / dinner. The timbre soaks up vocals and acoustics guitars so well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2VTfo0LY9s

I think I'm learning this IEM fairly well, it might not want to play ball with everything but when it does it hits home runs.

Jan 21, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #785 of 1,205
I took the plunge guys and ordered the R-50 as my first solid IEM.  Can't wait for them to arrive!  Also picked up some Sony EPEX10A/BLK Hybrid Replacement Earbuds (Black).  

Thank you all for your imput and reviews.  I just hope that the bass isn't too refined for me.  Currently I use a pair of S4s at work and ATH-m50's at home.

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #787 of 1,205
Quote:

I actually found that the Sony Hybrids fit a lot better for me than the Ety triple flanges. They always seemed to break the seal way too often, so it might have been a size issue.

Quote:
Sorry man. My ear canals both have really different/really weird shapes, so I have to be pretty picky about my tip choices :p

SOB.  This post a few pages back led me to believe that the Sony's would indeed fit... and I've never been a big fan of foam tips.  So they really won't fit?

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #788 of 1,205
Quote:

SOB.  This post a few pages back led me to believe that the Sony's would indeed fit... and I've never been a big fan of foam tips.  So they really won't fit?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358815368&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+hybrids

Those fit my R-50's just fine.

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #789 of 1,205
These GR07 hybrid clones fit. (very similar to Sony hybrids)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180860198643?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #792 of 1,205
It's a good match, very good match, feels like someone took a rev limiter off compared to Colorfly C3. Sounds much fuller right across the board, The problem I felt with C3 was it felt like there was some resistance which is sometimes a common problem with the Colorfly. The Clip doesn't feel like it's fighting with the R-50, to put the music across. Pretty impressed. Good balance, trebles a little happier than other sources I've used, good bass response,I actually like it lol. Nice......

Edit: can someone else that has a Clip+ and R-50 confirm this? . Something magical going on here, it's workingnicely with many more genre's I couldn't get to sound right before. Give it a try!

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #793 of 1,205
Edit: can someone else that has a Clip+ and R-50 confirm this? . Something magical going on here, it's workingnicely with many more genre's I couldn't get to sound right before. Give it a try!

I don't have any experience with the C3, but I think my Clip+ does well with brighter phones like my R-50s or Grados because it seems to have a slightly warm sound. Maybe it's my imagination :)

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #794 of 1,205
I don't have any experience with the C3, but I think my Clip+ does well with brighter phones like my R-50s or Grados because it seems to have a slightly warm sound. Maybe it's my imagination :)

It's a much better pairing than with C3, treble especially has come right out, to a point I can now understand what TheGame21x was mentioning in his review. it's a little over happy with some tracks, but for my tastes I don't mind it slapping a touch. The main thing here it sounds much fuller like the headstage has expanded like someone turned a tap on that was only dripping previously with a much thicker / fuller sound, with correct bass response. I didn't expect the paring to work so well.

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #795 of 1,205
Sounds like a killer setup for only $150. $120 for the R-50, and $30 for a clip+. Who says you have to be rich to get good sound....
Quote:
It's a much better pairing than with C3, treble especially has come right out, to a point I can now understand what TheGame21x was mentioning in his review. it's a little over happy with some tracks, but for my tastes I don't mind it slapping a touch. The main thing here it sounds much fuller like the headstage has expanded like someone turned a tap on that was only dripping previously. I didn't expect the paring to work so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back