Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Jan 11, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #707 of 1,205
I'm going to purchase the R-50s today - high five!

Any recommendations on replacement tips for these?  I know Techno Kid recommended the Ety triple flanges, but I was also wondering about the Comply tips?  The foam tips interest me - I feel like they would give you a more custom fit, but I could be wrong about that.

Thanks!

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #708 of 1,205
Quote:
I'm going to purchase the R-50s today - high five!

Any recommendations on replacement tips for these?  I know Techno Kid recommended the Ety triple flanges, but I was also wondering about the Comply tips?  The foam tips interest me - I feel like they would give you a more custom fit, but I could be wrong about that.

Thanks!

I actually found that the Sony Hybrids fit a lot better for me than the Ety triple flanges. They always seemed to break the seal way too often, so it might have been a size issue.

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #709 of 1,205
Quote:

I actually found that the Sony Hybrids fit a lot better for me than the Ety triple flanges. They always seemed to break the seal way too often, so it might have been a size issue.

Haha, dammit, now you've made my decision more difficult  
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #710 of 1,205
Quote:
Haha, dammit, now you've made my decision more difficult  
biggrin.gif

Sorry man. My ear canals both have really different/really weird shapes, so I have to be pretty picky about my tip choices :p

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #711 of 1,205
I like the stock tips, large. I would like to muck around with some different bore sizes however I'm pretty content with how they sound now. I'm am really truly enjoying this IEM atm, It's growing on me fast, staging especially. Now they're sounding rather crisp to my ears with great detail. :D I think all genre's ok, I think they do some better but it's not like "oh can't play that track it's not suited" Pfft! Just play the bloody music. :wink:

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #713 of 1,205
Just placed my order for the R-50s!  Hopefully I'll get them sometime next week.

Also ordered a multi-pack of the Comply P Series tips - someone else had mentioned they used those with their R50s and had great results.  If I don't like them, I'll try one of the triple flange or maybe the Shure olives.

I can't wait!

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #714 of 1,205
Good deal and you'll get them before the next weekend for sure they have pretty fast shipping.

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #715 of 1,205
Quote:
Just placed my order for the R-50s!  Hopefully I'll get them sometime next week.

Also ordered a multi-pack of the Comply P Series tips - someone else had mentioned they used those with their R50s and had great results.  If I don't like them, I'll try one of the triple flange or maybe the Shure olives.

I can't wait!

Congrats man. I love my set, amazing imaging on these babies. Makes a guy want to upgrade his full size cans :D

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #716 of 1,205
Quote:
Enjoy them because the R-50 sound much better than those T-Peos H-100 things people seem to like for some reason. 
wink_face.gif

Noooo way! I like both almost the same. Well okay I like H100 a bit better but still
biggrin.gif
It's like having two women with very different personalities.

Quote:
Not sure whether I'm simply accustom to T-Peos H-100, I'm just going to say it how I hear it.

Don't worry you hear it just fine. I've had both for two months, they're both so lovely in different ways. My guess is people who don't hear well above 10 kHz can't appreciate the H100 clarity
tongue.gif

Anyway I'm not gonna troll here. Did anyone try cutting the memory wire already? It's really driving me up the wall but I'm afraid to get the x-acto knife anywhere near these teeny wires.

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #717 of 1,205
Quote:

Noooo way! I like both almost the same. Well okay I like H100 a bit better but still
biggrin.gif
It's like having two women with very different personalities.

Anyway did anyone try cutting the memory wire already? It's really driving me up the wall but I'm afraid to get the x-acto knife anywhere near these teeny wires.

To me the H-100 is literally the worst sounding IEM over $100 I've ever heard.  The mids sound a 1/4 mile away and even worse they sound like an AM radio.  The highs are much to bright for me but they are very detailed and the bass is quite good its just they have the worst midrange I've listened to.  Compared to the R-50's mids its not not even close, the R-50's mids are more transparent and much more musical with better detail because you can actually hear them cuz they don't sound so distant.  That's just what I hear, I know everyones different but I couldn't get into the H-100's sound signature at all.

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #718 of 1,205
Noooo way! I like both almost the same. Well okay I like H100 a bit better but still :D It's like having two women with very different personalities.

Indeed, R-50 has certainly shown me areas H-100 does lack though. Staging for one.

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #719 of 1,205
I'm actually going to buy the R-50 again because I do miss having an IEM with that sound signature and they had the exact type of brighter high that I like because they had very good sparkle but never felt harsh to me.  The imaging and separation are also top notch.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #720 of 1,205
Okay I already ordered my dac- hifimediy sabre, and a whole bunch of different tips. The question now is which amp do I use to give these a tiny bit of warmth. I have been looking into the o2 but everything I have read about it is that its completely transparent. I think I will get that no matter what just to hear it but how about something that will work really well with the r-50 and make them just a touch warmer? Any recommendations would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back