Rockhopper Mini^3
Nov 13, 2008 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

paulybatz

Headphoneus Supremus
I bought a mini^3 for my father (for the holidays) from The_X and it is a wonderful amp...quality construction and case...I was just using it this morning and is very crisp and bold and not overbearing. It has quite a bit of power using my PL750s 10-11 was more than enough for me. Mine is black but he just started using some nice silver cases!!!

Rockhopper Audio

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #2 of 14
Wow, those silver cases look much nicer! much more professional looking too... I had a black one and they are nice little amps, though I notice the price also jumped up a bit from when I bought mine.

Nov 13, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumaniatic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, those silver cases look much nicer! much more professional looking too... I had a black one and they are nice little amps, though I notice the price also jumped up a bit from when I bought mine.

I saw it was $175 about 2 weeks ago
L3000.gif
Though Rockhopper's Mini3 is still a fascinating amp.

Nov 13, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #4 of 14
I am glad I bought mine when I did, however I think it is worth the money...compared to so many out there on the market, it does the trick and does it well. And Rockhopper is top notch!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by isao2k8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
L3000.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by isao2k8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
L3000.gif

I saw that too then I went back again and noticed that the price changed back to $150. I don't know if there are major changes other than the aesthetics.

Nov 18, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, here's a roundup that includes those amps

Not exactly up to par with a Lisa III or IQube...but those cost several times what a mini^3 goes for so that's not necessarily disappointing.

yep read the review, but thats just 1 man's view though. heh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back