ROCKETING towards 50!!
Aug 8, 2015 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

voxie

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, hope all is well. As the title states i am approaching 50, YIKES!! Been a music lover all my life, it has shortened my age mentally!! Need a bit of help and advise.. Am on the look out for a set of open back over ear phones that i can easily replace parts. Not the drivers per say, but the actual headband and such like, if they break and out of warranty. Music pref.. if i like it, i like it!! Prefer bright with a tad of bass. (if that makes sense) Will only listen from my home set up. So to sum up... i would love something that is a classic and will stand the test of time. Not too much to ask for!!  Cheers guys and thanks. 

Aug 8, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 7
  Hi guys, hope all is well. As the title states i am approaching 50, YIKES!! Been a music lover all my life, it has shortened my age mentally!! Need a bit of help and advise.. Am on the look out for a set of open back over ear phones that i can easily replace parts. Not the drivers per say, but the actual headband and such like, if they break and out of warranty. Music pref.. if i like it, i like it!! Prefer bright with a tad of bass. (if that makes sense) Will only listen from my home set up. So to sum up... i would love something that is a classic and will stand the test of time. Not too much to ask for!!  Cheers guys and thanks. 

Not too many modular-type headphone exist...  Let alone ones that are open back.  You'd most likely be looking for something that is quickly modable...  This might also be a thread better suited for the full-sized section of the forums (you're currently in the portable area).  Only final note is that you should tell people not only bass and treble preferences, but midrange as well.  I tend to use headphones as is and the modular-type design is nice, but not a requirement for me; they are quite rare on their own unless you are fine with some DIY stuff.  I wish I could give you a suggestion :/  

In terms of modular headphones, not too many companies come to mind.  Aiaiai recently released the TMA-2 which is fully modular, they probably are on the bassy side of things.  SOL Republic is the other company, their Tracks Ultra are on-ears and actually fit your sound preferences quite well.  Their Master Tracks are bassy (over-ear model), overly so.  They do have another over ear model (the other Master Tracks).  I haven't heard them unfortunately, but I've read they are closer to the Ultra, no guarantee though.  None of these are open back.  

Aug 8, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #4 of 7
The Sennheiser HD series is modular. (Or at least some of them are, such as the HD 600 and HD 650.)

Just curious, what did you mean by "Been a music lover all my life, it has shortened my age mentally!!"?

Aug 8, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #5 of 7
It just means that music keeps you young.Just like like first time you bought an LP and placed it on your turn table. I still get that happiness when i listen to music, that i felt then.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back