Rockboxing iPod 5.5 Issues
Dec 2, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #16 of 18
  I'm using 10.9.

Do I not have to format it to FAT32? 

Mine is fat32. (it was formated by itunes windows many years ago)

May 21, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #17 of 18
It's a bit old thread, but I encountered very similar problem with my ipod today.

When installing bootloader I get "Error reading partition table - possibly not an Ipod". However I was able to install Rockbox firmware without a problem. I have an Ipod 5G (Video) 60GB. I have tried restoring it in iTines, but it hasn't helped. 

My iPod just has been repaired - it has the motherboard replaced with the one from Ipod 5G, but 80GB (not my original 60GB). I don't know if it can have something to do with the bootloader installation problem but I thought it's worth mentioning.

Any help would be very appreciated!

May 22, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #18 of 18
  It's a bit old thread, but I encountered very similar problem with my ipod today.

When installing bootloader I get "Error reading partition table - possibly not an Ipod". However I was able to install Rockbox firmware without a problem. I have an Ipod 5G (Video) 60GB. I have tried restoring it in iTines, but it hasn't helped. 

My iPod just has been repaired - it has the motherboard replaced with the one from Ipod 5G, but 80GB (not my original 60GB). I don't know if it can have something to do with the bootloader installation problem but I thought it's worth mentioning.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Update: It turned out my repair service replaced my original 5G motherboard with 6G. This is a possibility of installation rockbox on 6G yoo, but it is not as straight-forward and imposes some limitations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back