Rockboxed Sansa Clip+ with micro SD card - can't access files, help?
Mar 22, 2011 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gamersince1976

Head-Fier
I was able to Rockbox the player with minimal difficulty, but my card just arrived and I don't know how to utilize it. I popped it in, and when plugged in my computer (Windows) reads the Clip+ as one device in the {F} drive (with 8 GB memory), and the installed card as another in the {G} drive (with 16GB memory). I was able to drag files onto it (after quick formatting), but I can't - for the life of me - figure out how to access those files in Rockbox now!

I tried creating a playlist, and then going to root (for the global list, to shuffle through) and they're not there. Also not in any directory I see. I first tried to format the device itself (through the original sandisk software), but all that did was erase rockbox and my music completely. After reinstalling Rockbox, I quick formatted the card (G drive on the computer) and tried to access them on the player. Still nothing.

Any ideas? The Rockbox Sansa wiki just says to try formatting, and I don't see anything specific to this in the manual.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would REALLY appreciate it!

Mar 22, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #2 of 4
Mar 22, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #3 of 4
I'll try that, thanks. I'm actually in the middle of doing a "full format", rather than a quick one (just to see if it makes a difference).

I did read the FAQ, both the general and the Sansa specific one. And I tried both "Initialize Database" and "Update Database", and still wasn't able to see the tracks.

It's really just this one option that's stalling me. Hopefully the full format will do something different, because I would hate to go back to the original firmware now.

Mar 22, 2011 at 5:05 AM Post #4 of 4
Sorry for the double post, but for now I've reverted back to original firmware. I tried updating the database several times - it just wasn't having it. It's a shame, really - because I was using on old directory of files from the ipod, and now the clip doesn't believe it can play that format (most of it was converted into MPEG4). I still have all the music, I just need to get it organized differently - which I should probably do anyway.

Thanks for trying to help - sorry if my reply sounded terse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back