Rockboxed iPod video woes
May 13, 2009 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Whitebread

1000+ Head-Fier
So it seems that every time I connect my ipod to my computer while the hold is engaged, the boot loader loads the default ipod software instead of rockbox. I have to reinstall everything to correct the problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, how did you address it?

Thanks,
JT

May 13, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #2 of 5
It's suppose to do that unless you update to the latest build where rockbox has writen new usb drivers for most of the portal play mp3 players. Older version rely on the orginal firmware to load files from computers as of feb 2009 they have thier own driver search for the lastest build and bootloader.

May 13, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #3 of 5
So I suppose this means I have to download and install the newest and not the stable release, right?

May 13, 2009 at 10:14 AM Post #4 of 5
1) If you will switch hold to OFF before turning your ipod on or connecting it to a PC, it will boot into disk mode; and, after disconnect, ipod will boot into rockbox again.
2) If you're in apple firmware, you can press MENU+SELECT and hold for about 10 seconds; ipod will reboot and boot into rockbox (if the HOLD switch is off).
3) If your ipod no longer boots to a rockbox, it seems that itunes automatically restores your ipod, you should turn this feature off in itunes settings.
Stable release will be fine too.

May 13, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #5 of 5
Well, itunes is not installed on my machine so 3 is moot.

I'll just install the most recent release.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back