Rockboxed Ipod 5.5g left and right channels reversed
Apr 23, 2009 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

a6laze

New Head-Fier
My rockboxed ipod 5.5g has reversed stereo! I can't really remember when it happened but lately it's been really bothering me.

I've ascertained that the problem lies not with the music files nor my earphones but the ipod itself.

Anyone can help?

Thanks.

May 3, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 6
what is the annoying part? How or why do you realise this is happening?
normal_smile .gif

May 4, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #4 of 6
Switch your earphones to the opposite ears. My ipod had reversed stereo this week for a couple seconds too.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2009 at 10:40 AM Post #5 of 6
it is unlikely to be any kind of hardware issue, either you have a buggy build of RB, or your are having auditory hallucinations
biggrin.gif
music does in fact sound different when reversed too, unless the phase is also reversed you should be fine. but yeah; in the meantime if you can, just switch the earpieces LOL

May 4, 2009 at 10:53 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it is unlikely to be any kind of hardware issue, either you have a buggy build of RB, or your are having auditory hallucinations
biggrin.gif
music does in fact sound different when reversed too, unless the phase is also reversed you should be fine. but yeah; in the meantime if you can, just switch the earpieces LOL

Even when I revert to the original firmware the problem still exists.

And no, no hallucinations of any kind
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'm very well-versed with my music.

I know earpieces can be switched but I kinda want to get to the bottom of this odd problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back