Rockbox problems
Jan 2, 2009 at 12:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

cornman

100+ Head-Fier
This probably isn't the right place for this kind of question but when I try to install rockbox on my 1G nano it just freezes. I can put in the location of my ipod and what device it is but when i click ok it freezes and wont let me click install. Any ideas?

Jan 2, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #2 of 6
I feel your pain, I did the same and it totally killed mine. I'm keeping it out of the way till the battery totally dies, when I hope to reserect it (using iTunes again). Rockbox bits in my opinion now. The good part is now I think I will upgrade my portable! Cowon D2 sounds pretty good this next paycheck! Good luck, hey keep me posted if you find a solution too. Happy New Year, out with the old and in for the NEW!!

Jan 2, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #3 of 6
Ok I got it to work. I had to just keep exiting when it froze and going back in to continue the installation and it eventually finished. It's installed on my ipod now and its working fine.

Jan 2, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #4 of 6
Good job! Unfortunately mine is dead as a door-nail. I tried to switch default boot back to iTunes. The instructions said to simply shut down and connected it to the computer. It is so dead that resets don't work and iTunes doesn't connect to it. and of course it won't even turn on in either boot mode. DEAD! My only idea at this point is to let the battery completely die then reconnect it and hope iTunes recognizes it.

Jan 2, 2009 at 10:47 AM Post #5 of 6
Great to hear that you eventually got it installed.
I know there were some problems with Rockbox Utility v1.08. Possibly you ran into them...

Jan 3, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #6 of 6
I would suggest restoring first myself, never had a problem doing that here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back