Rockbox problems iPod 5.5
Sep 28, 2010 at 8:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

stoutblock

100+ Head-Fier
I had Rock box running fine on my 5.5 iPod using FLAC files.  Then I updated to iTunes 10 and the current iPod update for the 5.5 and now I cannot get my iPod to be recognized as a USB drive.  In Rockbox mode, when I plug in the USB cable, it starts to recognize it (usb key picture etc) then it reboots and starts back up in iPod mode.  Any one else have this problem or know how to fix it???

Sep 28, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #3 of 9
I hadn't plugged in my Rockboxed 5.5Gen since upgrading to iTunes 10, so I checked it out after reading your post. No problems at all for me -- recognized just fine.

Honestly, I'm suspicious about the connection between your problem and the iTunes upgrade -- they could be related, or it could be an unhappy coincidence. What happens when you uncheck the "Open iTunes When This iPod is Connected" button? In theory, that should disassociate your iPod from iTunes -- meaning iTunes would have nothing to do with whether your iPod is recognized or not.

Sep 28, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #4 of 9
I have that box unchecked.  It's not that iTunes opens up when I plug in the iPod.  Its that I cannot keep the player in Rockbox mode when I plug it into the PC, it shuts down and reboots in iPod mode.  Therefore I can't see it as just a USB drive on my PC like it was before, instead it shows up in the file system as an iPod.

Sep 29, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #7 of 9
If iTunes doesn't start up when you plug in your DAP, then the problem is almost certainly not related to upgrading to iTunes 10. I suspect a fresh installation of Rockbox is in order -- assuming you either have your music backed up or can extract it from your iPod with third-party software.

Sep 30, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
Thats what I used to do but now when I plug it into my PC to transfer music the player goes into ipod mode rather than stay in Rockbox mode?

Even if it goes to ipod mode, your computer should still be able to detect it as a hard drive normally.

At least it works for me, try checking your computer and refresh the page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back