Rockbox player
Jan 3, 2012 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

StiffTacos

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm looking for a new player. I liked rockbox on my sansa e2000 before it broke, so I am looking for a player that can run it as well.

What's a good player that is rockbox compatible? I'm thinking iPod classic 5.5, but I can't find any up for sale.

Thanks

May 24, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #4 of 7
If you're still watching this thread...

I used to use a Rockboxed e200 (I think that's what you meant).  Recently, I've been using a Rockboxed Sansa Fuze.

I'm pretty happy with it (dirt cheap, plays FLAC, decent battery life, tiny, nice rubbery feel, the wheel is much nicer than what you're used to).  The regular phone jack isn't as bad as some, and there are plans out there for a DIY line-out jack if you're looking to tinker, and want to add an external amp.

Best of all, it takes a Sandisk 64 gig card, which right this minute is 77 bucks at Adorama. 

I picked it up knowing it's just to hold me over till I get something hoity-toitier, but really for the crap to mid-grade IEMs I'm likely to own in the near future, I probably don't need something higher-end.

Also, if it dies, no big investment (the card can go into whatever I get next).

May 24, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #5 of 7
Hey guys, I'm looking for a new player. I liked rockbox on my sansa e2000 before it broke, so I am looking for a player that can run it as well.

What's a good player that is rockbox compatible? I'm thinking iPod classic 5.5, but I can't find any up for sale.

Thanks

I love my Ipod 5g. Rockbox runs well and doesn't drain the battery like some say. (Of coarse that depends on personal settings)

They're plentiful on ebay (where I got mine).

May 25, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
I love my Ipod 5g. Rockbox runs well and doesn't drain the battery like some say. (Of coarse that depends on personal settings)
They're plentiful on ebay (where I got mine).

The iPod 5G is an amazing piece of DAP. It blows my iPhone 4s out of water and clearly beats my Cowon J3 to my ears in terms of clarity, sound stage and 3D imaging.

I replaced both stock batteries of my ipod 5G's with ones bought off ebay. The replacement batteries last about 12 hrs each playing FLAC's. Excellent for my daily usage.

May 25, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
The iPod 5G is an amazing piece of DAP. It blows my iPhone 4s out of water and clearly beats my Cowon J3 to my ears in terms of clarity, sound stage and 3D imaging.

I replaced both stock batteries of my ipod 5G's with ones bought off ebay. The replacement batteries last about 12 hrs each playing FLAC's. Excellent for my daily usage.

A Clip+ with Rockbox will run for a good 16 hours playing FLAC....just saying. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back