Rockbox + iRiver IHP100 (=IHP120) issues:
Jul 24, 2007 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

d.phens

100+ Head-Fier
It seems that LINE OUT jack is being amped, I keep having the same volume both in headphone jack and line out and I CAN CONTROL VOLUME in rockbox.
Am I right? I somewhat can't understand this.

How PRECISE is Rockbox's EQ and / or Crosfeed?
Having set up EQ properly it should be digitally clear right?
(i.e. do nothing except for changing freq. response as intended)
Is the same true for crossfeed (being it just a crossfeed a'la one in Meiers)?
I think it should perform much better than a hardware network i.e. inside an amp because there are no limitations caused by non-perfect caps etc...

How can I use OPTICAL OUT with a USB PORTABLE DAC?
Is there a convertor to do that?

THANK you for your help!

Jul 24, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #2 of 4
The only question I feel I can answer is number 1. It is the same volume, however you'll find that if you turn the music up loud enough, there will start to be distortion when using your headphones through the line-out, whereas there will be no distortion through the headphone jack. I hope that answers your question.

Jul 25, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #4 of 4
The H120/H140 have digital control of the line out volume. That jack shouldn't be used for headphones. And yes, it is ideal to have it at full volume.

Rockbox EQ is excellent and distortion free. A good hardware crossfeed like Meiers does still however seem to be superior to Rockbox software crossfeed.

There is no way to use an optical out with a USB DAC. Optical to coaxial conversion is possible (just buy a cheap converter) but the USB DAC input uses a computer protocol to communicate with Windows (or another OS) operating as an external soundcard. An optical out cannot communicate with it in this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back