Rock with heavy classical influences?
Nov 22, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Metal, oh yes.
biggrin.gif
Nightwish more or less birthed the Symphonic Metal genre, plus has operatic vocals.

I'd actually say Therion started that trend with their 1996 release "Theli"

Nov 22, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #32 of 34
Off the top of my head I remeber listening to a Rainbow album "Long Live Rock n Roll" with Ritchy blackmoore, Roni Jame Dio, and one song really stands out "Rainbow Eyes". Guitar and flute.. so serene and beautiful! I always thought the lyrics could have been much improved, but the music in that song always mesmerizes me.

Besides the groups previously mentioned, I'm reminded of classical in many groups like the Scorpions. Pink Floyd, Queen, Rush, as well as others, maybe not in general, but certainy with many individual songs. The Chinese group "The 12 girls band" is definately interesting to listen to. I like listening to them alot when working out.

Nov 22, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Weird, I put Radiohead in my "music I don't like" bin. I shall give another listen...

Muse (band) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Despite the major success of their second EP, British record companies were reluctant to back Muse, and many sections of the music industry asserted that, like many of their contemporaries, their sound was too similar to that of Radiohead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back