ROCK JAW Testers
Jan 21, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #992 of 1,034
. Thats great to hear
smily_headphones1.gif
straight out and being honest the Kommands look like a $700 pair of iems they just look so luxurios & classy haha I love it

Glad you think so.

Here is another pic 

Jan 24, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #996 of 1,034
And mine's just been posted too Bob - http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-kommand-ba-dynamic-hybrid/reviews/12444

Jan 24, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #997 of 1,034
What has been an all round great Saturday has just had it's cherry placed on top of the cake.

Great write ups guys and a thoroughly enjoyable read!

No hard case on the horizon for the kommand just yet, but a greater tip selection will be included within next 6-8 weeks.

Cheers
Bob

Jan 25, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #998 of 1,034
@Brooko could you put a quick comparison between the Alfa and the kommand? Had a couple of people asking for some comparison as they are looking to upgrade and would rather point them to something impartial rather than my opinion.

Cheers
Bob

Jan 25, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #999 of 1,034
No problems Bob. Just heading to work (Monday morning here already). I'll do an A/B when I get home tonight in about 12 hours or so.

Jan 25, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #1,001 of 1,034
Brooko you are a star!

Not really.

Ok - got home for lunch, so here goes.

Source = X5, no EQ.  Both A-G and Kommand with large silicone tips (wide bore).  Same tracks, volume matched.

• AG Gold Filter vs Kommand Black/Grey Filter (both balanced filters)
    Kommand has a little more bass - mid and sub
    Both have similar mid-range, but Kommand sounds slightly clearer and vocals are more focused
    AG is slightly brighter, especially leading into upper mid-range
    Both sound pretty good - but I'd say the Kommand has a more natural sound, and provides more absolute resolution.

• AG Silver Filter vs Kommand Silver Filter (both bass filters)
    AG is a lot darker and boomier
    Both have suprising amount of detail despite added bass
    Kommand increase in bass is primarily in the low bass, and seems more targeted whereas AG bass has increased as a whole, and become a little bit tubby.
    Kommand maintains its high level of clarity, and actually becomes a little brighter in its top end - a little bit of "tizz"/sizzle coming through.
    Again, both sound pretty good - but I'd say again that the Kommand has a slightly more focussed sound overall.

• AG Black Filter vs Kommand Gold Filter (both treble filters)
    Both are noticeably brighter and more upper mid/lower treble focussed.
    Both are "lean" - but the Kommand excessively so.  TheKommand reminds me of listening to an old reciever, then turning the bass all the way down - what is left just sounds tinny.
    The AG actually sounds reasonably good still - lean, but not out of place.  The Kommand sounds awful - the one filter the AG wins on.

• Other factors
    * Both built well, but Kommand is slightly better overall
    * Aesthetics (looks) - Kommand - it looks really nice
    * Fit and ease of fit - AG.  It really comes down to normal fit vs shallow fit.
    * Value - if you're on a budget, the AG really is a no brainer = sounds great, costs ~ $50.  You get better build, aesthetics, and resolution for the higher price of the Kommand.  Whether that is worth it to you is down to personal choice.

Hope that helps

Jan 27, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #1,005 of 1,034
Brooko...coming from the AGs, which are pretty good, would you say there's a big upgrade to the Westone W30s compared to upgrading to the Kommand - in terms of resolution (I have Fiio x3) and warmth, which I'm really after...and soundstage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back