ROCK JAW Testers
Dec 11, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #918 of 1,034
I was mucking around this evening kind of tired with some of my IEM, my usual preference is rather bright / analytical, those highly strung balanced armatures cause me some fatigue after a while.

I thought I need something natural, dynamic, organic. Pulled out the Alfa Genus with reference filters plugged into FiiO X1. Such a soothing natural sounding, exactly what I needed. These are really quite good IEM, I've been laying here in the dark at 3am listening to them for hours.

Dec 11, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #919 of 1,034
Yep - they have an almost effortless magic, and are an excellent reminder of the quality of sound that can be obtained on a budget.  I still use mine regularly - despite having access to other IEMs which sit much higher in terms of cost.

Dec 11, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #920 of 1,034
I'm another FiiO X1 + Alfa Genus user. By far the best price/performance I've been exposed to so far.
I find they do punch far above their price range. Some of my audio-enthusiast friends have let me use their iems, but I've still to be introduced to something superior, possible customs for my next jump (along with an empty wallet).

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #922 of 1,034
Sorry, I have not used mine in a while...
redface.gif

Been running with the GMP 8.300's all the time so I'll have to put the Alfa's in my kit for a nice change.
beerchug.gif

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #924 of 1,034
Rockjaw Alfa Genus really need their own thread in the portable / IEM section IMO.

That product needs some extra attention. Someone should do it!

Even a copy and paste of their review as the thread heading. 

Dec 13, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #925 of 1,034
Rockjaw Alfa Genus really need their own thread in the portable / IEM section IMO.

We should offer a world tour. There's 10 pairs here (all of us). Anyone up for it?

Dec 13, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #926 of 1,034

I can set something up Luke - but thoughts first ......

Purely a RockJaw Appreciation Thread - so we could pool all of their IEMs together, or specifically an Alfa Genus thread?  What are your thoughts mate?

Dec 13, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #927 of 1,034
We should offer a world tour. There's 10 pairs here (all of us). Anyone up for it?

I could arrange something for Aus/NZ - but I'd have to wait until after Xmas.  By then I'm hoping to have some of their other updated IEM's as well - so might be able to do the rounds with the entire IEM line.  I'll wait until I know the others are arriving (+ I have to review them), then see what I can do.

Dec 13, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #928 of 1,034

Well, maybe you can do a tour in your area whilst Brooko runs a AU/NZ tour.

The point here is to give the product (which we all like) some dedicated appreciation and exposure. Whilst this thread is great and formed a community the product really needs to stretch its legs out into the open field a little further for maximum display. We all think its worthy so why not and a tour with people's impressions coming into a new thread would be an excellent way to achieve that.

I can set something up Luke - but thoughts first ......

Purely a RockJaw Appreciation Thread - so we could pool all of their IEMs together, or specifically an Alfa Genus thread?  What are your thoughts mate?

I think one thread for Alfa Genus for the time being, then other Rockjaw product threads as they grab our interest.

Who knows, maybe Rockjaw will have 3-4 active threads bouncing up/down the IEM forums eventually. 
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #929 of 1,034
  I think one thread for Alfa Genus for the time being, then other Rockjaw product threads as they grab our interest.

Who knows, maybe Rockjaw will have 3-4 active threads bouncing up/down the IEM forums eventually. 
wink.gif

OK - it's up : http://www.head-fi.org/t/746228/rockjaw-alfa-genus-reviews-impressions-and-appreciation-thread

Dec 13, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #930 of 1,034

Users who are viewing this thread

Back