ROCK JAW Testers
Nov 25, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #886 of 1,034
Guess it was RockBob

After the early work on retuning the Acero, we (the initial reviewers) haven't seen any updates.  Still wondering about the Kommand too.  After the work a few of us did with feedback on the original Kontrol, haven't really heard anything more about their flagship.  And the guy that one the comp to name it hasn't reviewed it either.

Pity really - thought they were onto a good thing, and the design looked interesting.

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #887 of 1,034
Guess it was RockBob

After the early work on retuning the Acero, we (the initial reviewers) haven't seen any updates.  Still wondering about the Kommand too.  After the work a few of us did with feedback on the original Kontrol, haven't really heard anything more about their flagship.  And the guy that one the comp to name it hasn't reviewed it either.

Pity really - thought they were onto a good thing, and the design looked interesting.

We are still working on the Acero ss and its not far off.

As for the kommand we had a little problem letting a couple of you guys test them as we sold out our complete stock in less than a week!!

We have more on the way and more being built, so you will get to test.

I know at least a couple of head-fi guys bought and am waiting for them to post, but according to one guy he said "these kommand are stonkingly good"

I have not forgotten you all ....promise :)

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #888 of 1,034
Thanks for the update :)

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #889 of 1,034
I have not forgotten you all ....promise
smily_headphones1.gif

beerchug.gif

Nov 28, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #893 of 1,034
Great video - and thanks for posting it.  I've been wondering how the ear guides work, and your video described them perfectly 
beerchug.gif

Nov 28, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #894 of 1,034

When the Acero comes out I'll be putting through an order for that and another two IEMs. 
I hope you aren't stressing too much. It's almost wind down mode for the holiday. 
beerchug.gif

We will keep you posted on the Acero.

Stress, nah....well.....hhhmmmm...a tiny weeny bit.

Its more of a stress getting everything shipped out on time as we promise. For example we completely sold out of our new Kommand in less than 7 days!!!, we thought we had enough stock for the next 3 months, so now all hands on deck to build more.

But oh yes I am looking forward to Christmas time!
beerchug.gif

Nov 28, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #895 of 1,034
I've got new hybrid Rock Jaw Kommand. It's pretty solid model, with interesting design and good sound. While I'm burning them in, here is small unboxing video (as usual, sorry for my english).

Looking forward to your feedback on sound quality etc

Cheers
Bob

Nov 28, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #897 of 1,034
It took me a while but I updated my review today. I apologize for taking so long since the update isn't a lot of extra text. As I sat listening to the new filter today I added one extra line in bold at the end of my review stating you can't buy an IEM with this flexibility from anyone else. Having reviewed the T10i, I can say Rockjaw has done a better job of offering a greater variety of sound from their filters than RHA. The only thing I will suggest to Rockjaw is to develop a small rubber washer for your filters please. I have had the filters fall off at least 5 times so feel they need something to help hold them in place.

Nov 28, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #898 of 1,034
It took me a while but I updated my review today. I apologize for taking so long since the update isn't a lot of extra text. As I sat listening to the new filter today I added one extra line in bold at the end of my review stating you can't buy an IEM with this flexibility from anyone else. Having reviewed the T10i, I can say Rockjaw has done a better job of offering a greater variety of sound from their filters than RHA. The only thing I will suggest to Rockjaw is to develop a small rubber washer for your filters please. I have had the filters fall off at least 5 times so feel they need something to help hold them in place.

Praise indeed! Thank you!

A little washer is going into the next production run as a few of you have had the same issue. Having never experienced this during my testing its great to get this feed back so we can do something about it.

From your above comments it was worth the wait for you to update ....thank you.

Cheers
Bob

Nov 29, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #899 of 1,034
Here is a review from @mark2410 on our new Arcana v2 http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-arcana-v2/reviews/12049

And
http://www.head-fi.org/t/744233/rock-jaw-arcana-v2-review-by-mark2410

Again we feel very privileged to have such praise. Thanks Mark

Cheers
Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back