Rock it Sounds R50
Apr 3, 2014 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

poko2121

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I currently have a pair of ety er-6i iems which lost audio in the left ear, so I'm looking for a replacement.  I've been most interested in the rock it sounds r50 (i have concerns of build quality, but I don't want to spend too much more than that on a pair of iems for something built better)

My question is, never having heard the r50's my only worry is lack of bass.  I know the er-6i is light on bass, does anybody know how they compare?  I'm not a bass head or anything, but would like an iem with a tad more punch on the low end.  My music taste varies from rock to country to easy listening.

It's just that my point of reference is the er-6i and I haven't read anything anywhere about how the r50's compare.  

If I don't go with the r50 then my next choice may be a second hand gr07.  

Let me know what you all think.

Thank you

Apr 3, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #2 of 5
I have the Ety ER4P and R50. I'd say that the R50s are in the same class as my Etys as far as bass extension and bass impact, although maybe with a tad warmer sound (not quite so analytical), but still a neutral sound signature.

Apr 3, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the reply.  Have you heard the er6i's?  How do they compare with the er4p bass wise?

Also what do you think of the build quality on the r50's?  Some people got me scared that they'll break in a year or two.  Do the ety tips fit on the r50?

Apr 3, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the reply.  Have you heard the er6i's?  

No.

Also what do you think of the build quality on the r50's?  Some people got me scared that they'll break in a year or two.  Do the ety tips fit on the r50?

Probably depends on how hard you are on them. I used them some, then gave them to my middle school age son. He broke them in six months; of course he's hard on IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back