Rock IEM around $300
Jan 18, 2017 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

zerocoolhifi

100+ Head-Fier
It's been a while but I am back and getting into the old IEM game again. Listened to the Audeze iSine 20 and the new Bayerdynamics IEM. Loved both and will eventually get one of them but they are $600 and $1000 respectively. My current go to are my trusty GR07 BE. I am looking for something a little more all around, excellent bass impact and quantity (not a basshead but I don't dislike it either), cleaner highs (GRs can get a little muffled behind a good source), less sibilants and most of all a better soundstage. The beyers had one of the best soundstages I have ever heard.

Listen to mostly Rock of all types (hair bands, rush, new rock (volbeat etc.) and most everything else but just not as much as the rock.

I would like to be in the $300 range and the type of driver doesn't matter as long as it meets the above criteria.

Looking forwarder to having some more fun discussions about audio again...

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 7
Recently I do really enjoy Oriveti Basic. These small things are one driver only, but I believe, they can full fill most of your requirements for 99USD only. For sure you should have a look on them at least.

Jan 20, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #3 of 7
Bump please

Jan 20, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #4 of 7
I just picked up a pair of iBasso IT03 to listen to until my CEIMs are back and fit right, and I have to say I am extremely impressed by these iBasso IEM's.  I am listening to them on my Sony WM1A balanced with the Sony Kimber Kable, so they are getting a good amount of juice ~250mw.  They are still burning in (<20hrs) but they sound great, very nice bass and mids.  They are actually pretty comfortable also, they are worth a look.

Jan 20, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks squirrel how would you classify the highs? Super clear and detailed or a little fuzzy, too bright etc.

Jan 20, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #6 of 7
Have you have a chance to compare the ibasso to any of the dunu's like the 2000j or 1000?

Jan 20, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #7 of 7
The highs right away seemed a little harsh, but they calmed down a lot when I listened at about ~20hrs.  The highs seemed fine to me, but I guess highs aren't the main thing I usually listen to.  So if they don't stick out that means I'm probably pretty happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back