Rock/Hip hop open (good seal tho) cans
May 9, 2006 at 7:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

JackTheRipper

100+ Head-Fier
I just found my Dad's Pioneer 1975 se-201 and theyre open and sound pretty good however it's soon my birthday and I'd like something newer and that will be mine.I'm looking for an open headphone with a good seal cuz the ergonomics on the pioneers werent very good since it wasnt really on my ears.Anyway so I want them comfortable,not too highly priced and good sound signature for rock and hip hop...tight bass would be nice
biggrin.gif

Thanks
JackTheRipper...

May 9, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #2 of 12
I'm not sure what you mean by seal in this context. You want something that sits on your ears, or one that surrounds it like a cup? Also, what kind of budget do you have in mind.

May 18, 2006 at 8:02 PM Post #4 of 12
Well, if you don't need it to block out outside noise, I say the HD485 is a great choice. Can't go wrong with it, especially for rock and hip hop listening.

May 30, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 12
I have the 485's and recomend them as well BUT

I further recomend, a pair of headphones you don't hear allot about on here.... The Beyer DT231 to me they are truly the most underrated headphones, I originaly bought them for portable use but I find my self grabbing this pair of cans over and over again and my Sen's and Grado's are getting less and less attention
basshead.gif
Check them out @ headroom http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-ma...mic-dt-231.php

May 30, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #8 of 12
AKG K1000
k1000smile.gif

oh and on the minding of the relative budget others were citing note... the 485s are good... if you dont mind headphones that just sit in your ears clip on style the KSC-75s are great bang for the buck headphones that handle all music well

May 30, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
The bass is exactly why the SR-60 is so thoroughly praised...

well the 80's are sposed to be even a little better then the 60's....I have yet to hear anything remotly close to the bass that my Sen 485's put out.

I have tried a few different amps see sig...and I am hoping once I get the Headfive amp, maybe I will finally hear some decent bass from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back