Rock / Heavy Metal Suggestions?
Jul 12, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #16 of 21
Oh my goodness, thanks for all the suggestions! Wow, that will keep me busy for a while.

Duff138, glad that link was helpful. I'll have to check out those two german bands. It also seems like Iron Maiden is a popular choice, although I plan on checking out all of these.

I was able to check out one by Dio, "Killing the Dragon" and I enjoyed it. There was one song, better in the dark, where I would have sworn it was judas priest by the singing.

~Thanks again

Jul 12, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #17 of 21
A couple of other popular german rock bands you might enjoy (similar to rammstein) are Megaherz and Oomph! (yes, with an exclamation point). Lots of good suggestions here guys! I'll have to check some of this out myself..

One other suggestion, Wintersun. They're not german.. Fast paced and maintains good musical clarity.

Jul 17, 2006 at 5:34 AM Post #21 of 21
It sounds like you like thash/speed metal so I'll give you some more to listen to:

Running Wild - Pile of Skulls, Black Hand Inn. German speed metal. One of the best in the genre IMHO.
Sodom - Agent Orange. One of the great 80's thrash albums.
Overkill - Feel the Fire. One of the first thrash bands. Their first five albums are considered classics.
Kreator - Pleasure To Kill, Coma Of Souls. Kreator stands beside Sodom as the two biggest German thrash bands.
Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction. Hands down one of the best metal recordings of the 1980's, and maybe of all time. Woefully underappreciated due to the difficulty of finding a copy, but worth the effort even if you can only get your hands on a bootleg.

Other bands worth checking out (I'd give descriptions, but I'm getting sleepy): Helstar, Angel Dust, Carnivore, Heathen, Loudness, Metal Church, and Shah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back