robots killing the music industry!
May 7, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #5 of 7
No worries, they don't sound good.

May 11, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #6 of 7
I sometimes find comments like this all over the Internet from people who heard a Nirvana record and suddenly are all about the "essence" of music and how computers strip the music's soul. Last time it was this girl who tried to convince me, after herself, that Dave Grohl was some kind of musical hero because he released an album recorded with cheap analog recorders in a garage instead of a big studio, unlike those mean electronic artists who only use computers. The fact that he was selling it on CD, which is a digital medium, seems to have been lost in communication, but then again that happens with analog 
rolleyes.gif
 I also mentioned how the album had a DR of 4 (For Lack Of A Better Name by Deadmau5 has DR 7), but I guess that doesn't sound as good as "it's got soul and essence, man".

May 14, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
I sometimes find comments like this all over the Internet from people who heard a Nirvana record and suddenly are all about the "essence" of music and how computers strip the music's soul. Last time it was this girl who tried to convince me, after herself, that Dave Grohl was some kind of musical hero because he released an album recorded with cheap analog recorders in a garage instead of a big studio, unlike those mean electronic artists who only use computers. The fact that he was selling it on CD, which is a digital medium, seems to have been lost in communication, but then again that happens with analog 
rolleyes.gif
 I also mentioned how the album had a DR of 4 (For Lack Of A Better Name by Deadmau5 has DR 7), but I guess that doesn't sound as good as "it's got soul and essence, man".

This.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back