Robert Rich anyone?
Jun 13, 2010 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Demetrio

100+ Head-Fier
Any other fan of this great ambient musician over here? What are your favorite recordings?

My favs are "Seven Veils" and "Propagation". They are not only musically brilliant IMO, they are on my list of some of the best sounding recordings I have ever heard too.
cool.gif

Demetrio.

Jun 13, 2010 at 11:37 AM Post #2 of 7
I'm only familiar with his Robert Rich & Lustmord - Stalker album, where he and Lustmord combined their creative (and utterly screwed up) minds. Its good ambient album. :) Though so far I still prefer Lustmords own albums, more demented stuff.

Jun 14, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #3 of 7
I'm a huge Robert Rich fan - I have most of his CDs and have even had the pleasure of corresponding with him (very sharp and nice guy).

It sounds like you're into his more melodic stuff, so you should check out Electric Ladder, Gaudi, Geometry, Ylang, and Rainforest. 

He also has some collaborations that may be up your alley: Yearning (with Lisa Moskow), Soma & Strata (with Steve Roach) and 3 with Ian Boddy. 

The rest of his discography is more ambient, but certainly worth a listen!  His 7-hour ambient piece 'Somnium' is particularly impressive.

Jun 14, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #4 of 7
Do you know Steven Roach? Makes music like RR; sometimes long drones like Somnium, sometimes more lively.

Edit: until now I only knew Somnium which is a little bit too dull but thanks to this thread I listened to Seven Veils; great music, glad I found it.

Jun 18, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
I'm only familiar with his Robert Rich & Lustmord - Stalker album, where he and Lustmord combined their creative (and utterly screwed up) minds. Its good ambient album. :) Though so far I still prefer Lustmords own albums, more demented stuff.

This. I'll try his other stuff. Any starting points?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back