Robert Randolph and the Family Band - A New Discovery (sort of...)
Sep 7, 2008 at 3:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
OK...so I've HEARD of these guys, but I've not heard much FROM them as yet.

A couple of weeks ago I saved off their concert from HDTV and am only now getting around to watching it. These guys put on a great show...I'm going to have to get some of their music.

Anybody have some good recommendations for a jumping off point?

Sep 7, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK...so I've HEARD of these guys, but I've not heard much FROM them as yet.

A couple of weeks ago I saved off their concert from HDTV and am only now getting around to watching it. These guys put on a great show...I'm going to have to get some of their music.

Anybody have some good recommendations for a jumping off point?

I saw Robert Randolph & The Family Band with Eric Clapton in Philadelphia a couple of years ago. Robert Randolph & The Family Band was the opening band and they were good. He came on stage with Clapton and played quite a few songs with him. Right after that concert I bought "Unclassified." It's a good album. I was disappointed with the newest album "Colorblind." I believe that they are his only two studio albums. There's a live album which I haven't heard. He appears on a ton of other artists albums...

Robert Randolph Unclassified CD

Sep 7, 2008 at 1:25 PM Post #3 of 5
I've seen them probably 5 or 6 times and they do put on a hell of a show. I would get Live at the Wetlands as a good place to start.

Sep 7, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've seen them probably 5 or 6 times and they do put on a hell of a show. I would get Live at the Wetlands as a good place to start.

yeah thats the one to get. like most brimming with talent and raw energy jambands, you just can't get the full taste of RR on a studio record.

Sep 7, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've seen them probably 5 or 6 times and they do put on a hell of a show.

Totally agree. They are a great band to see live.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back