RnB Diamond Reference Interconnect
Sep 11, 2005 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

bender13

Head-Fier
Just got my 12 inch diamond reference mini-to-mini and I am absolutely floored by it! I know I haven't burned it in, but putting it into my system of a SR-71 with Sensaphonics has allowed me to hear things that I never knew existed - right away. Wow! For anyone out there who doubts that cables don't matter, take one listen and start saving your pennies for this cable. Just spectacular.

Sep 12, 2005 at 8:59 AM Post #2 of 47
Is it made out of diamonds
biggrin.gif
?

FYI - Diamond conducts heat better than silver.

Sep 13, 2005 at 10:10 AM Post #3 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by bender13
Just got my 12 inch diamond reference mini-to-mini and I am absolutely floored by it! I know I haven't burned it in, but putting it into my system of a SR-71 with Sensaphonics has allowed me to hear things that I never knew existed - right away. Wow! For anyone out there who doubts that cables don't matter, take one listen and start saving your pennies for this cable. Just spectacular.

I've got the 8" RA cable and it's a great cable. I'll be writing a review of in the near future. I've been using it with both my SR-71 and AE-1. Right out of the box, it locked in really well with the SR-71 though the AE-1 took a run time on the new cable to really lock in. After a bit of run-in though, they are both equally good. What I found impressed me most with adding this cable to the SR-71 system was the sudden appearance of blackness which has always been a hallmark of Ray's amps like the HR-2. Until I got the Diamond class mini into the system I really didn't notice what I would consider blackness. With the new interconnect, I hear blackness!
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2005 at 11:06 AM Post #4 of 47
Great to hear such positive feedback, having just placed my order for one of RnB180's Diamond Class minis this past weekend!

Sep 14, 2005 at 12:24 AM Post #5 of 47
Well, after a couple of more hours under my belt, I just think it keeps getting better. Just a really nice mellow sound. And I totally agree that the black is just getting blacker. Really impressive.

Sep 14, 2005 at 12:59 AM Post #6 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman
Great to hear such positive feedback, having just placed my order for one of RnB180's Diamond Class minis this past weekend!

I think you're going to like it a lot. For the last couple of years I've been using a really awful looking 1/8" to 1/8" interconnect that Xin made for me for $10 or $15. While it's about the worst looking cable I have ever seen and totally redefines the term "ghetto," it has also set a standard for neutrality and sound quality that none of the other cables I have tried has matched. I have tried pretty much everything out there to find one that I could replace it with since everyone who sees it immediately laughs at it, but the truth is that none of the other ones I have tried were as good as Xin's ugly little cable and the prices have been way more than I would pay unless I really liked the cable. Well, 5 minutes after plugging this one in, I knew I had finally found the "right" cable!
biggrin.gif
Good luck and enjoy the cable when it gets there!

Sep 18, 2005 at 10:12 PM Post #7 of 47
Did anyone have any further impressions? I'm kind of curious how you like them now that they've had a little more usage!

Sep 21, 2005 at 7:38 PM Post #8 of 47
Anybody with the Diamond Reference ever own the RnB180 Gold Reference, or even have both right now? I would love to hear some comparisons for the SM3 and/or SR-71. Thanks.

Sep 23, 2005 at 4:24 AM Post #9 of 47
I'm in the process of burning in my just-received Dimaond Class mini-to-mini. Initial impressions? Build quality is nothing short of phenomenal. The quality of the materials is second to none, and it is apparent that great care has been taken by the builder.

Sonic impressions to follow!

Sep 24, 2005 at 7:38 AM Post #10 of 47
I sent RnB several PM's about purchasing a cable, never got a reply
rolleyes.gif

Sep 24, 2005 at 7:55 PM Post #12 of 47
Hi,

Sorry about that, I sometimes I receive more then 50 messages a day between email and head fi, a lot times I get the same questions, and I may accidentally skip a message thinking Ive already replied.
I sincerely apologize for this, if I do not respond within a day or two, please swing me another PM, persistance pays off
smily_headphones1.gif

Once again, I am sincerely sorry if I do not respond, it is not intentional, Just been very busy lately.
frown.gif

JzzMattzz, I will search through my pm history for your question, please forgive me, in no way did I mean to ignore you intentionally.

God bless!

Sep 24, 2005 at 11:35 PM Post #13 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
Hi,

Sorry about that, I sometimes I receive more then 50 messages a day between email and head fi, a lot times I get the same questions, and I may accidentally skip a message thinking Ive already replied.
I sincerely apologize for this, if I do not respond within a day or two, please swing me another PM, persistance pays off
smily_headphones1.gif

Once again, I am sincerely sorry if I do not respond, it is not intentional, Just been very busy lately.
frown.gif

JzzMattzz, I will search through my pm history for your question, please forgive me, in no way did I mean to ignore you intentionally.

God bless!

Got your pm today, thanks for the quick response.

Sep 27, 2005 at 11:09 AM Post #14 of 47
I've just finished putting some hours on my new Diamond Class mini and the following are my impressions, comparing it to the white mini to mini that comes with the Pocket Dock.

What I have found (and in fact what I hoped to find) is that the Diamond Class has had a noticeable impact on the amount of detail I'm hearing and has tightened up the bottom end in a palpable way.

Let me explain. For portable use, I have some UE-5cs and, as good as they are, I have found that the bass is sometimes just too much - that they're just a tad out of balance (to my ears). What the Diamond seems to have accomplished is to tighten up the bass and bring out some nice detail in the mids and highs. An improvement, of that there is little doubt.

As I earlier said, the quality of the Diamond Class is exceptional, and RnB180 great to deal with.

Sep 27, 2005 at 1:02 PM Post #15 of 47
Damn you RnB180. I leave headfi for a few weeks and I find a Diamond reference interconnect???

Oh dear...the brain is starting to wonder whether Diamond and Gold reference comparisons will soon be in order...

Hmm... must resist, I love my Gold reference so much!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back