RnB Audio Grace Five Two
Feb 20, 2006 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

nytryder7

100+ Head-Fier
I’ve been touched by Grace! On Friday I received RnB Audio’s Grace Five Two Sennheiser replacement cable. I ordered this for my Headphile Woodied HD600s which currently have Larry’s Black Silver cable. Wanting to try a different cable I chose Myo’s offering after reading comments made by owners and people who listened to the GFT at meets.

For those who have ordered anything from RnB Audio it will come as no surprise that the workmanship is the usual high quality that we have come to expect. Fwiw, I ordered a seven foot cable terminated with a mini plug. From the mini plug to the split the cable is covered in a black soft material and is very flexible. On up to the connectors the left side is also in black while the right side is intertwined with touches of red for easy identification. The connectors fit easily and securely into the phones.

The first music that I listened to was Keb Mo, Slow Down on HDCD. My source was Shandling’s CD-t100c analog outputted through ZU Gede interconnects to Ray Samuels “The Raptor” The GFT was connected to the Raptor with CablePro’s Panorama Headphone Adaptor Cable. What I heard was nothing short of amazing! Such an expansive soundstage that sacrificed nothing! Crystal clear highs, accurate bass, lush mids all a way that I had never heard before with the black silver cable. I guess what left me literally dropped-jawed was the fact that I considered the cable change a tweak at best. A way to a little more out of my audio equipment. I never realized that a change in cables could make such a severe difference. The sounds of the steel guitars and cymbals on Soon As I Get Paid was so true to a live performance! While listening to I Don’t Know, I could hear certain nuances in Keb’s voice in between notes that added a soulfulness to an already awesome track. Yes, I’m smiling really big about now. My next choice was to listen to Joe Sample’s Best Of cd. No disappointment here either. During his piano play there wasn’t even a hint of harshness. The GFT handled all that was thrown at it with ease.

I just wanted to put down my first impressions on the GFT. I still have to give a listen with the iRiver through Headroom’s micro stack and the in ipod. But that will keep for another day. I have to check back with Myo on what his suggested burn-in period is. Man, can it get any better than what it already is??? Time will tell.

Feb 20, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #2 of 14
Do you have a web address for RnB?
Thanks!

Feb 20, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Csericks
Do you have a web address for RnB?
Thanks!

He's at Mall FI - you can just PM him!

Feb 20, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #4 of 14
nytryder7, I think you may have purchased the last one. We can only hope that myo reconsiders his decision. It would be a shame if I bought another pair of 650's and couldn't get another G52.

Feb 20, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
nytryder7, I think you may have purchased the last one. We can only hope that myo reconsiders his decision. It would be a shame if I bought another pair of 650's and couldn't get another G52.

There about 2-3 cables waiting to be completed. These guys have been waiting for almost a month for them. I believe nytrider was the cable made after yours tyrion.
I believe Voltrons excellent review definately helped those interested in the cable pick up the last units remaining.

Feb 20, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
hi luckily he isnt the last one. There about 2-3 cables waiting to be completed. These guys have been waiting for almost a month for them.

You know what I mean.
biggrin.gif
I hope you reconsider. Just tell them it's worth the wait.

Feb 20, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

You know what I mean.
biggrin.gif
I hope you reconsider. Just tell them it's worth the wait.

thank you for your kind words and support.
I definately will be a break from senn cables after these.
I have had a spur of interest lately after I announced discontinuation. Sorry guys, I really cant afford to build them anymore. Feel free to PM me with any other questions.

God bless,
myo

Feb 20, 2006 at 3:58 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Im very happy that I was able to get the GFT but It still saddens me that this awesome audio cable will no longer be made available to us.

Feb 20, 2006 at 8:09 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by nytryder7
Im very happy that I was able to get the GFT but It still saddens me that this awesome audio cable will no longer be made available to us.

You're not the only one.
frown.gif

Feb 20, 2006 at 8:36 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

You have one of these cables? What a coincidence, so do I.
wink.gif

If you don't think I'll come after you just because I’m up in Virginia you are obviously underestimating me.

Feb 20, 2006 at 10:19 PM Post #14 of 14
Now now, play nice, children
biggrin.gif

I'm also sorry to hear of the decision (temporarily? Maybe he needs a little encouragement ladies and gentlemen - clap clap clap clap).

I was able to snag one used and love it. I was going to eventually try one of the balanced Senn cables as well, but that may not happen.

But still, others will benefit from the quality and sound in other areas. Keep up the good work, Myo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back