RnB Audio Diamond Interconnect Impressions
Jan 8, 2006 at 3:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

PFKMan23

Headphoneus Supremus
A while back I received a Diamond IC from Myo to demo and I thought I'd post some of my thoughts. As Myo knows it's been a long time coming but here's what I think.

Construction:

It's a beautiful cable and the construction is top notch. There's not much to be said in addition to the various other reviews, but this is another fine example of Myo's dedication to and enthusiasm for his work. It has Right angle plugs and is the White Diamond version of the Diamond interconnects.

Rig:

Sony D-368 PCDP
RnB White Diamond
RSA Hornet
Sennheiser HD650 Woodied with a Grace Five Two Cable

The music:

Josh Groban’s “You raise me up”:

This cable is the missing link in my chain. The sound is fairly neutral, which is to say that the effect of the IC really brings out the sound of my source, amp and headphone cable. What I do notice is that it seems to tighten up the nuances of Josh’s voice. The vibrato that I have come to expect and listen for are made more clear as compared to my other major interconnect (Zu Pivot) and his breath points and the warmth that I have come to expect from him in his recordings is quite evident here. It also brings out the preciseness of the piano strokes of the accompaniment. The thing that seems more clear to me is that I can hear the echo, that I have come to expect from this particular recording, which I feel was lacking in my Zu IC. This IC has also removed a lot of the shrillness and the shoutiness that I have come to expect when I have listened to this song in some of my other cases and set ups.

Josh Groban’s To Where You Are:

There isn’t much else to be said that isn’t covered in the previous commentary, but this cable really makes evident the characteristic vibrato that Josh has. It also has revealed elements of the accompaniment that were previously muffled like sections of the violin, such as the portion near the end. As this is one of my favorite pieces, I’m glad to see that this cable can be neutral, but yet still be very detailed in how it presents the music

Josh Groban and Charlotte Church’s The Prayer:

First thing I have to say is that this is probably the benchmark for me with portable audio and duet listening. First things, first, in this recording I feel that overall Josh did a decent job, but Charlotte just plain out has had much better days. In previous occasions listening to this particular track, I have felt that Josh was decent, but that Charlotte basically overhung herself in this piece. Her voice is shrill and it seems that she did not place her breaths well in this recording. The Diamond IC has been a champ in revealing this to me. In previous occasions I have been very disappointed in how she has presented herself in this recording. However the diamond IC has been a key player in revealing those little details like breath marks and overexertion. However just speaking from a non critical standpoint this ha been a great song and it really shows the difference in cable, how they can bring out the minutest details.

In Conclusion:

If you are looking for a top level IC, the Diamond interconnect by RnB should be on your short list. Myo is a class act and his hard work shows through this. In short, this is probably one of the best ICs on the market and should be something that you consider if you’re trying to compile a great portable rig.

Jan 8, 2006 at 12:09 PM Post #2 of 5
great review!

myo sent it to me, not more than 3 days
I would receive it
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2006 at 12:30 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by munkong
great review!

myo sent it to me, not more than 3 days
I would receive it
biggrin.gif

Congrat my friend.
Enjoys !
580smile.gif

And thanks for the review PFKMan23, i considered it to be my next IC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back