RME tweaking
Mar 30, 2005 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

twodeko

100+ Head-Fier
hey headfi...

just curious what i can do with this RME 8/96 DIGI Pad here, hardmodding or just software tweaking. i am using linux here and run AmaroK with the gstreamer plugin but i am hearing some distortion or what sounds like clipping on higher notes and was curious if it is how i have it set up or just the card itself. it looks to me like there is a hotswappable opamp and i have some OPA637/627's laying around, along with others so if anyone knows let me know what i can do!

ben

Mar 31, 2005 at 11:07 AM Post #2 of 5
*hint, search for "RME PAD Analog Bypass"

wink.gif

-Ed

May 23, 2005 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 5
sorry for the long reply but im using analog
tongue.gif

also, any hifi linux folks out there... send me a pm pls.

windows also messes with this card, sound is all grainy in windows and in foobar... the windows sounds cause it to slow down and distort the music big time. anyone else have that happen to them, havent been too bothered with settings so ill check that later.

thanks!

May 23, 2005 at 2:57 PM Post #4 of 5
That happens in windows if you are running foobar with kernel streaming or ASIO output. If thats the case you should disable windows sounds or switch your main sound card to on-board sound if it's available.

May 23, 2005 at 3:21 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
That happens in windows if you are running foobar with kernel streaming or ASIO output. If thats the case you should disable windows sounds or switch your main sound card to on-board sound if it's available.

Yes, agreed with you. I have 96/8 PST connecting DAC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back