RME BabyFace - USB Duet for the rest of us
Dec 31, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #16 of 24

Quote:

As far as I know RME is the only company that has such sophisticated firmware & software plus an arrangement with Microsoft & Apple that allows it to automatically optimises not just itself but also the rest of your system on installation. Also since it has come out post Windows 7 the drivers are specifically written rather than updated from previous versions.

Indeed, RME have great driver on both platforms (PC and Mac). But let face the baby face, RME offer a great alternative to the Duet market..with PC drivers. I just hope they will give a good run to the Duet, with the servo balanced and the headphones pre amp that works on the same volume knob.

The blue look of the baby face, remind me of the Edirol products...

Mar 7, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #19 of 24
I do not trust the guy! he just praised the Babyface a little to much to be reliable.

The second thing is that I have never read a review that praised a USB sound card so much as he did, USB is ok but I think Firewire is more stable and dont take as much power from the processor.

I really hope that RME can do a good USB sound card with good drivers for Mac OS X 10.6 but I doubt it because no other company has made it yet?

RME should make a sound card like Motu Ultralight mk3 with both Firewire and USB.

Mar 7, 2011 at 8:36 AM Post #20 of 24
Nov 12, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #22 of 24
I own both the Duet2 and the Babyface. There is really no contest in terms of audiophile applications; the Babyface blows the Duet out of the water. It is literally night and day A/Bing the two. The RME is a lot cleaner, balanced and more detailed. The Duet has more gain, but there is plenty of headroom if you're using HPs with impedance in the 30-100 range. I'll be selling my Duet2 and buying another BF (in silver this time).

May 28, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #23 of 24
I am very happy with the rme babyface interface.
No driver, install or software issues. (Total mix is nice)
Low latency for recording / production.
Sound is detailed, clean and neutral.
Only downside, the volume output with both senn 25-1-11 & dt770-80s is a little lacking.
Sounds amazing fed to active monitors / near-field setup.

Could be that after I put my kid to bed, switch off the speakers, and slap on the closed cans it just doesn't sound loud in comparison :)

May 28, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #24 of 24
I also have the RME Babyface. I love it. Class compliant in linux, but TotalMix + FX is absolutely amazing. Digicheck is great as well.Great audio quality In/Out. 

I know you necro'd this thread bit I just made a post a few days ago in the dedicated source forum without too much input. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back