RME ADI-2
Dec 5, 2004 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

till

Head-Fier
Any news on the RME ADI-2 DAC/ADC? At least in Europe, its price is half that of the Benchmark DAC1. It doesn't have good looks, and the I/O options seem not to be as versatile, but OTOH the price is very appealing. On some German boards, there are reviews that contain huge praise for the ADI-2, but they do not say anything about its headphone out (the DAC1's headphone out seems to be well regarded around here IIRC). There is a thread in the computer-as-source forum about the ADI-2 by thefinder, but no one from here seems to have heard it yet... I'm curious
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2004 at 2:17 PM Post #2 of 5
Just order it and write a review.
In case you'll don't like it you could always return it with no loss, the seller has even to cover the shipping costs according to our customer friendly legislation called "Fernabsatzgesetz".

Dec 5, 2004 at 4:57 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by till
I have neither time nor available funds to do that this year, but I'm still curious
smily_headphones1.gif

The required time is a problem for me, too, but I have the funds and I need another source for a second computer based rig anyway.I think I'll give it a try in January.

Dec 5, 2004 at 5:52 PM Post #5 of 5
Is it possible that someone can walk into a shop (before christmas) that sells the unit and try it with headphones ? (No-one has it for sale in denmark
frown.gif
so can't do it).

oh, by the way: This pretty much sums it up: a user have had the ADI-2 for some months and has tested it versus the apogee and lavry. the Lavry was definately better, but the ADI-2 was still damn good, clearly better than digi 882/20 and 888/24 interfaces. Another user found it to be much much better than his/her digi 002......

For some reason he didn't mention anything about how the apogee was compared to the adi-2. i've sent an email today and asked...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back