RMAA 5.4
Sep 11, 2004 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

lan

Videographus Supremus:Makes audio cables using super-advanced materials, like "some clear tape" and "some not so clear tape."
Anybody use the new version yet? Let's see some numbers
smily_headphones1.gif

Some new features:

- A new test of intermodulation distortion has been added. From RMAA 5.1 the common IMD test uses a standard SMPTE test signal. In a new Swept sine IMD test, we use a set of 2 harmonics with a frequency difference of 1 kHz (CCIF standard), sweeping the whole audible range of frequencies. Thus, the dependence of intermodulation from frequency is tested. This test allows detecting high-frequency intermodulations that are specific to internal sample rate convertion (SRC) algorithms of a sound card.

- An auto-normalize function has been added for more accurate measurements when exact matching of I/O levels is impossible. Also this feature addresses the problem of cheated measurements with lowered input levels set for reporting low noise levels.

- In acoustics testing mode, we have added: separate measurement of 2-nd and 3-rd harmonics; normalization of distortion level to the input signal level; a new THD-vs-frequency test using a set of fading-in harmonics with different frequencies.

Sep 13, 2004 at 3:36 PM Post #5 of 7
due to the cable of course, that's okay, what's weird is the distortion graph, so wavy..

Sep 13, 2004 at 8:45 PM Post #6 of 7
If anyone is interested here is a test of the analog outputs on my NF7-S to the Wolfson DAC on the Chaintech and here is a test of my GPX PCDP. Both of those were done with the ADC on the Chaintech so I think that's the limiting factor here (I know that other tests have been done with the DAC on the AV-710 that come out to 99dB SNR while mine only show 84.1dB)

Sep 13, 2004 at 11:01 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by amol
Hmm..that's very weird. Those stereo crosstalk results are very poor indeed.

Throwing together a 5" unbalanced cable out of Belden 1505F and using HOSA Y-adapters, the stereo crosstalk is -96 to -97dB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glassman
due to the cable of course, that's okay, what's weird is the distortion graph, so wavy..

I always wondered about that... What could be the possible causes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back