Riva Turbo X Bluetooth Speaker - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 8, 2015 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

darinf

Member of the Trade: Darin Fong Audio
So how many of you bought a Riva Turbo X at CanJam SoCal? I didn't see any threads about it other than the impressions in the CanJam SoCal Impressions thread.

I think it deserves it's own thread.

I wasn't even in the market for a Bluetooth speaker, but after I heard it at CanJam, I ordered one. I've had mine since just after CanJam SoCal and I have been listening to it daily ever since.

The Riva Turbo X is really amazing. It simply blows away the Jawbone Jamboxes. I have not heard many other higher end Bluetooth speakers, but the Riva Turbo X is very impressive. I am constantly amazed at the amount of sound this speaker can output but remains balanced and clear even at full volume. All the other Bluetooth speakers I have or have owned always distort pretty bad when turning the volume up. Finally great sound from a Bluetooth speaker!

Congrats to @riva audio and @Donald North for designing such an amazing speaker. You can tell they really know their stuff.

No, I am not affiliated with Riva Audio at all. I am just a happy customer and think they deserve lots of success.

I ended up putting mine on a small speaker stand so I can get the speaker at ear level. To me, it really makes a difference having the drivers pointed directly at you.

Here's the stand I bought: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VRREPG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They work great and you get two for $45.00 and free shipping if you have Prime.

Someday, when I can afford a 2nd one, I would love to try running two of them in a true stereo setup.

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #2 of 6
Thanks Darin!  

We are so happy to hear you are enjoying the Turbo X and appreciate the great sound.  

Thanks for sharing the stands also.  These look pretty cool.

Apr 24, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #3 of 6
Jun 23, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #4 of 6
I have posted a review of the RIVA TURBO X here:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/riva-turbo-x-high-performance-premium-mobile-bluetooth-speaker/reviews/16293

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back