Rise of Nations: Legends Demo released... WOW!
Apr 3, 2006 at 11:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

lewtz

100+ Head-Fier
If your a fan of RTS games you should give this demo a go. Also if your a fan and never played the original Rise of Nations games, shame on you. Run out and buy them now.

First things first. RoN:L looks damn good. I was building the biggest unit from the Vinici and it started lagging my scene when it moved around.

The demo offers up the first 3 battle of the campaign with the Alin. They are a kinda Arabian Nights style of race. Earth/Glass/Fire units. Gives you a small feel for the campaign which is an improved version of the RoN campaign system. The campaign map is like a risk board sortof. You have your generals and territories. When you move into a territory you switch down to a standard RTS map. This sort of "game" seems to be becoming a standard for RTS campaigns, as Middle Earth 2 also works this way, along with the axis and allies RTS.

The demo also offers a skirmish mode, allowing the player to play 2 of the 3 races that will be in the game, and 2 maps.

Overall it's looking good. You can tell its a demo b/c it is not polished. Some sound is off, and tooltips and such are not around much.

http://www.fileplanet.com/162019/160...f-Legends-Demo

out of 386 votes so far at fileplanet it is rated 5stars. I would have to agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back