Ripping just part of a CD
Jun 29, 2005 at 4:29 AM Post #16 of 23
Yeah but its sooo worth it. I am a big Green Day fan, and of course i love BOBD, but what i dont like about that ringtone they had was it started at the chorus. i actually prefer it right at about 11 seconds into the track. Perfect!

Jun 29, 2005 at 4:45 AM Post #17 of 23
Yes yes, I was actually needing an application like this a week or so ago. I just finished (like 30 seconds ago actually) editing the BBC Philharmonic Beethoven Symphonies. I wanted to set the 5 symphonies up on a playlist to listen to as I fall asleep, the problem is that there is this guy that gives like 3:00 minutes of commentary before the actual orchestra plays, and I got really sick and tired of listening to that guy for 3 minutes before hearing music. Also, the commentary was a lot louder than the orchestra, so I had to turn up my 'phones to hear the orchestra well and when the next song played, the guys voice was so damned loud it hurt my ears!!!

O well, I downloaded Audacity and it worked like a charm and was very easy to operate. I now have the 5 symphonies without commentary and ready to put me to sleep! My one complaint is the loading time and exporting time, it was going to take me like 25 minutes just to export 1 song to mp3 so they are all just .wav's for now and take up like 276mb per song! Long live high capacity HDD's right?
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2005 at 5:03 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajt976
the problem is that there is this guy that gives like 3:00 minutes of commentary before the actual orchestra plays, and I got really sick and tired of listening to that guy for 3 minutes before hearing music. Also, the commentary was a lot louder than the orchestra, so I had to turn up my 'phones to hear the orchestra well and when the next song played, the guys voice was so damned loud it hurt my ears!!!

lol

Jun 29, 2005 at 5:14 AM Post #19 of 23
Thats a good one, the commentary guy..lol. Brought a smile to my face. I've noticed lately, that they've taken alot of the "talking" out of Live Concert CD's too.

Jun 29, 2005 at 5:23 AM Post #20 of 23
I'm glad I could make you two smile!
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I'm not really interested in hearing that loud British fella yak up a storm about Beethoven history and about the BBC Philharmonic, or say "Gianandrea Noseda, conducts" one more time!!!

I'm more up for the music, not the talking, unless it's particularly importent for me to hear to enjoy the proceeding music.

Jun 29, 2005 at 4:38 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

I'm glad I could make you two smile!
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I'm not really interested in hearing that loud British fella yak up a storm about Beethoven history and about the BBC Philharmonic, or say "Gianandrea Noseda, conducts" one more time!!!

I'm more up for the music, not the talking, unless it's particularly importent for me to hear to enjoy the proceeding music.

For your use, things could really get annoying if the commentator said things like "Wake up Butthead!" or "Fire, Fire, Fire!"
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2005 at 4:42 PM Post #22 of 23
No doubt, luckily he is now silenced!
biggrin.gif
I thought it was more interesting today when I went to download the 6th, 7th, and 8th symphonies that they switched commentators and it is now a woman speaking...she's got to go as well!
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

No doubt, luckily he is now silenced!
biggrin.gif
I thought it was more interesting today when I went to download the 6th, 7th, and 8th symphonies that they switched commentators and it is now a woman speaking...she's got to go as well!
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

LOL
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back