ripping folly
Mar 26, 2009 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jsnyc

New Head-Fier
i'm dizzy trying to figure out how i'm going to rip vinyl from my sota table to finally be able to access all the music i have on my ipod. the pro-ject usb phono pre looks interesting, as does the NAD pp3 for the same reasons. but i like the phono stage on my existing preamp, so all i need is the a/d converter.

so i've been reading about emu, edirol, digidesign, behringer etc etc and, for the life of me, i can't figure out what to get. what makes me nervous about these options is that i've read they can be bright, which is the last thing i want from my vinyl stuff. anyone have a simple neutral to warm solution? i'd prefer and outboard box over a soundcard so i can rip using my laptop and an external drive.

thanks much in advance. appreciate it.

Mar 26, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #2 of 8
E-MU 0404, M-Audio FastTrack, etc should work

unless you wanna get audiophile about it, in which case,
ph34r.gif

Mar 26, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 8
I am facing the same choice with ripping my LPs. I like my current pre-amp's phone stage, so I also didn't want one of the ADC units that has mic or other pre-amps on the input. One I'm looking at seriously is Echo Audio's Audiofire 2. its about $170 - $200 depending where you get it.

Echo Digital Audio Corporation

Just a suggestion.

Mar 27, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #7 of 8
All you need are two 1/4" to RCA adapters (Radioshack). I wondered the same thing. I also called their tech support line and talked to them about what I wanted to do and it all checked out OK. I had not been sure about the balanced vs unbalanced inputs and the input impedance (10K Ohms) etc.

just a thought...

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back