ripping flac with eac
Mar 14, 2005 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

futangclan

New Head-Fier
i am having some issues with my flac files that i'm ripping from cds using eac. i get no errors when i have finished the process, but a lot of the time when i listen to the albums in foobar, i get an error in the console. i don't remember exactly what the error says b/c i was too absent-minded to write it down, but it is really getting on my nerves. is there any way to test the integrity of my flac files without listening to every single one?

i want to rip my entire cd collection to flac, but only if the rips are accurate...

Mar 14, 2005 at 1:47 PM Post #5 of 11
does it happen on all of your flac files or just some of them? If it happens to all of them it could be how foobar is setup as far as what you are using as the output method.

Mar 14, 2005 at 6:53 PM Post #7 of 11
I have the same experience. A single cut from an album triggers an error message in Foobar, and the EAC text file shows no error in the rip. Not frequent, but it does happen, and always at the beginning of the cut.

BW

Mar 14, 2005 at 9:10 PM Post #8 of 11
I don't think it matters much but are you guys using the newest version of flac? 1.1.2 I think.

That's really wierd 'cause flac is supposed to play through errors if there were any but there aren't so I'm not sure what's goin on
icon10.gif

What are you guys' command lines for compressing flac?

This is what I use and I've never had any problems:
-8 -V -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T
"tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" %s

I'm assuming it's a problem with flac but what if you tried to encode it to another format like monkey's or straight wav for that matter? I guess it wouldn't hurt to try and see what happens.

Mar 15, 2005 at 4:11 PM Post #10 of 11
I think had the same problem, when ripping and encoding to flac with EAC.
The error was:
"ERROR (foo_flac) : FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_ERROR_STATUS_FRAME_CRC_MISMAT CH"

Dunno what it was caused by, but nowadays i use EAC to rip to wav and FLAC frontend to encode to FLAC.

Mar 15, 2005 at 7:53 PM Post #11 of 11
yea that's the exact error i had.

Quote:

Originally Posted by redemption
I think had the same problem, when ripping and encoding to flac with EAC.
The error was:
"ERROR (foo_flac) : FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_ERROR_STATUS_FRAME_CRC_MISMAT CH"

Dunno what it was caused by, but nowadays i use EAC to rip to wav and FLAC frontend to encode to FLAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back