Ripped off by Audio-Magus
Jun 4, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #31 of 60
From an email I received today....

Quote:

Great news, Audiomagus is in the process of a buyout from another company. What this means is that Audiomagus will soon be back on track offering a great product for a great price.

We would like to thank our past and current customers for the fun conversation and valuable input. It made the experience very memorable.

For the past few months we have been experiencing difficulty in several areas. Most notably fulfillment and communications. As we have been navigating through the numerous issues it became clear that the best option to handle this and have a promising future was to consider working with another company. We expect this process to be complete within the next two weeks.

While this process is occurring we have listed most products as unavailable on the website. This will help ease the transition on our end, once complete the site will be refreshed.

For all customers with current orders or any other type of transaction. We appreciate your patience and understanding so far even though it has been frustrating at times. We are working to complete the transactions we can but honestly many will be delayed until the buyout is complete. Please be assured that we are working as quickly as possible to complete this.

Regarding our communications, this as well will continue to be very inconsistent. We apologize for this but it is the nature of the situation currently. Please be certain that you have not been forgotten.

Once the transition is complete another message will be sent with more details regarding changes with the company and product lines offered.

Best regards,
Mike and Brian

Jun 4, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #32 of 60
Regarding the post from Audiomagus1: Can we now begin the violins? You can now offer your products at 50% off and I, for one, wouldn't trust you.

Jun 5, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #33 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From an email I received today....

A bit late I would say.
It takes a long time to build a reputation, but just a matter of minutes to tear it all down.

Jun 5, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #34 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A bit late I would say.
It takes a long time to build a reputation, but just a matter of minutes to tear it all down.

I expect the vast majority of AM customers just saw the e-mail and have not directly experienced, or read about, any problems. I also got the e-mail, and if I hadn't noticed this thread, I would not have heard anything else on the issue. I bought something from AM a year or two ago and that was my only interaction with them. It went well. I suspect there are a lot of people in a similar situation who haven't read this thread.

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #35 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiomagus1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everyone, this is Brian from Audiomagus. I realize there have been several comments regarding Audiomagus and service levels, receipt of product, or other issues related to transactions. I just want to let everyone know what is happening. For the record I am not making excuses just simply stating the facts of the situation here

We have been struggling for several months due to the economic climate and the inability to get our credit lines. This was initially promised to us back in September just before the market crash. Since then we have been working as many leads as possible to get what’s needed to steer Audiomagus back on track. We are not there yet and it continues to be difficult. We are dedicated to this business so we have continued to put everything we have into it.

Because we are a small business unfortunately our personal lives can have a dramatic impact on the business as well. Mike as many of you know has been ill for sometime, he is diabetic and he continues to have many related issues. Also he is fighting foreclosure on his home and his wife has a severe heart condition that limits many of her activities. My situation is that I am in the middle of a divorce and custody battle for my daughter plus my home is in foreclosure as well. We are trying to juggle these issues with the business issues to the best of our ability.

So as much as it can be imagined, we are not having much fun here. What is most important to you though is that we are dedicated to the company and all of our customers. We want Audiomagus to succeed because we believe that it is a great company that offers people a chance to enjoy high quality music for a great value. It is something that is desperately needed these days. This is why we continue to try and we don’t give up.

I would like to formally thank everyone who has been so patient regarding any current order with us regardless of the status. I am sure the frustration level has been high and not knowing is at times worse than anything else. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. It has been difficult to maintain effective communications as we had in the past considering the situation as important as this is.

In the end everyone has their own perception and comes to their own conclusion. I just want to help with that perception by letting people know that we want to do what is right. We are committed to the promises we have made to our customers. We hope though that people try to understand we are in a very difficult situation and we are juggling the best we can. As we are working to fix it there are many aspects to our operations that will continue to be inconsistent. We are working with another company currently that will most likely be acquiring Audiomagus so that it can return to normal operations. We expect this to be complete within the next two weeks. We are committed to fulfillment of all transactions

Also for the record, it has never been our intent to create problems or rip people off. There are easier ways to do this without loosing sleep. All we ever wanted is to create a fun source for affordable audio.

Does this mean you'll be returning my KingRex PSU that you've had in for repair since November?
While i sympathize with your personal issues, an infinite amount of phone calls and emails went unanswered for months. To this day i haven't gotten a return ph call or email ,except for that mass email you sent out to all your customers. If you gave a flip about your customers you would have sent out a blanket email, at the least, when all this was going on. And, as previously mentioned, you wouldn't have charged CCs knowing you weren't going to ship the merchandise. So screw you guys, ok.

Jun 29, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #37 of 60
Sad, I even took the nickle tour last summer of the new place and saw the speakers they were developing. Crash and burn.

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #38 of 60
Now on a positive note.

I ordered a modded KingRex T20u plus PSU from AudioMAgus some 9 months ago. After not hearing from them, I contacted KingRex directly. I received exemplary customer service by KinRex's Christine Wu who took the matter seriously. As you all might know by now Obad Imports stepped in and offered to fulfill outstanding orders.

The final result is that, albeit not a modded version, the standard T20U is playing happily in my office right now.

I think it's only fair to mention that both KingRex and Obad Imports deserve credit for efforts! They have turned something that could have been a very bad experience into one that restored my trust in people who still respect good business practices.

Nov 3, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #39 of 60
Hello Guys, I have been reading a lot about this ripping off from our friends at Audimagus, when I heard they were acquired by Obad Imports and gave a try, Bought a Trends Preamp, and the result was a great customer service, deliver perfectly on time, this was like a month ago, Then I have purchased several items from them Kingrex T20u, Kingrex Preamp, two PSU, two Kingrex DACs and the great JB3 Speakers, and let me tell you all, Sasha's customer service is in the top of commitment, I personally recommend these guys to do business with. 5 stars.

Thanks

John

Aug 25, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #42 of 60
 I am posting the update of my dispute with Audiomagus here so you guys can judge yourself.

1) The end result is that I got a $124 dac to compensate my lost $400+ dac (which was taken and never returned by the “old” Audiomagus), after fighting for 11 months.

2) First Sacha (“new” Audiomagus) told me that they would go to Seattle to recover my dac (email replied in September 2009). This has never happened and no update was sent to me until I asked again and again.

3) I got frustrated and called Audiomagus 8+ time times in two days in June 2010, finally Sacha picked up and promised a $124 dac to compensate my $400+ loss (heavily modified Amod 707 transformer-coupled dac). That was on 6/25/2010. I received the “replacement” dac on 7/19/2010, after yet another 2-3 emails during the 24 days (one excuse I got was “we were camping in an area w/o cell phone service).

You be the judge. Just my own opinion: I will never buy from Audiomagus or Obad Imports again, because it took them 11 months to partially settle a dispute.

If I was Sacha, I would not take over such a stinky brand name (Audiomagus, read their BBB and reseller rating); however if I do take over the Audiomagus name, I will take over all the debt and responsibility as well. An email saying that “Audiomagus is now under new ownership” and some partially refund just seems fishy. If I was an attorney with tons of free time, I will sue them; however I am not and have more important things to do. I regretted spending time with this business. Just my own opinion.

Aug 25, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #43 of 60
Obad's version of Audiomagus can't completely answer for the previous owner's bad business because Obad's version has a different catalog.  I wouldn't practically expect Obad to absorb the previous owner's debts.  I got screwed too but I don't hold Sasha accountable.

I bought a PowerCleaner12 and an overpriced additional interconnect from the original Audiomagus.  It arrived with one channel dead and a poorly terminated interconnect cable.  I emailed them and the owner told me to mail them back for replacements.  I then ordered a second PowerCleaner by Paypal (about $100 USD) because I needed one immediately and figured I could use both when the bad unit was replaced.  Within a few days the original Audiomagus announced the closing.  The returned unit was never received by the business and sat in the USPS system until it found its way back to me (returned mail) months later.  The criminal POS that originally ran the business received the payment I made for the 2nd order probably knowing it would never be filled.  A Paypal dispute yielded nothing.

I have to wonder about the whole story concerning Michael Mardis' affiliation with the original Audiomagus and how/why that fell apart.  I'll bet there was more to it than the simple explanation about health issues given Audiomagus proved to be a shady business.  If anyone knows or cares to try to correspond with Mardis about the issue (Google him) a further explanation posted here will be appreciated.

I've purchased from Sasha at Obad several times and he's delivered to my satisfaction.  I certainly consider him to be much more worthy than the POS that previously ran Audiomagus.

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #44 of 60
Add me to another user that is having problems getting ahold of Audio-Magus. It has been two weeks without a reply from Sacha. I have sent emails and left voicemails but no reply of either. The least that these guys could and SHOULD do is post something on there site stating that they are not doing business for a couple weeks. Also putting this in there voice mail might be useful. I have been waiting months to get this product and have no clue what they are doing at this point. No tracking number and zero communication in over two weeks. Pretty sad... 

Jun 14, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #45 of 60

Quote:
 I am posting the update of my dispute with Audiomagus here so you guys can judge yourself.

1) The end result is that I got a $124 dac to compensate my lost $400+ dac (which was taken and never returned by the “old” Audiomagus), after fighting for 11 months.

2) First Sacha (“new” Audiomagus) told me that they would go to Seattle to recover my dac (email replied in September 2009). This has never happened and no update was sent to me until I asked again and again.

3) I got frustrated and called Audiomagus 8+ time times in two days in June 2010, finally Sacha picked up and promised a $124 dac to compensate my $400+ loss (heavily modified Amod 707 transformer-coupled dac). That was on 6/25/2010. I received the “replacement” dac on 7/19/2010, after yet another 2-3 emails during the 24 days (one excuse I got was “we were camping in an area w/o cell phone service).

You be the judge. Just my own opinion: I will never buy from Audiomagus or Obad Imports again, because it took them 11 months to partially settle a dispute.

If I was Sacha, I would not take over such a stinky brand name (Audiomagus, read their BBB and reseller rating); however if I do take over the Audiomagus name, I will take over all the debt and responsibility as well. An email saying that “Audiomagus is now under new ownership” and some partially refund just seems fishy. If I was an attorney with tons of free time, I will sue them; however I am not and have more important things to do. I regretted spending time with this business. Just my own opinion.

this calls for a trip to uncle erik and mai tai's batcave

I'm surprised sasha would take over this company, the idea of solving past wrongs is daunting enough in and of itself 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back