RIP my Zune120 (?) -come cry with me.
Oct 2, 2011 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

JamesMcProgger

Headphoneus Supremus
Bear with me brothers, For I have a greater pain inside.
I Have had it for 3.5 years by now.

I was listening with my Zune and a woodied grado sr60, and then I thought "this could use a little warmness" and plugged to my Bravo V2 amp... Then I get it on and 3 minutes into the song I got a phone call. talk, then proceed to listen again and when I push play my zune isnt responding, the artwork is still in the screen and it says playing but the screen slowly turn dark.

Could it be that its useful life span was over? or could have it been the Bravo amp? - (I did turned teh amp off and on 2 times with the zune connected).

then the back plate and front below the screen starts getting hot, super hot. 2 hours passed and now it seems to be cold and dead. doesnt respond.

now my favorite player in years is dead and I have 200+ in 5 cases + docks, cables and other useless accessories around.

Funny Fact: in 3.5 years of use it never got any scratch on the screen, and neither in the backplate.
Funny Fact 2: My zune8 did the same after 1 year of use like 2 years ago.
Funny Fact 3: Ive had 4 ipod classic meanwhile and they all ****ed up in less than 1 year, except the 120gb I have now as a spare DAP. I hate it.

RIP to the best headphone out I've listened. (granted I've only had iPoos, Sansas and Sonys)

Oct 2, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #5 of 27
That sounds very strange. Are you sure it's not a software issue?

Oct 2, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #6 of 27
Are you a wizard? 
biggrin.gif
 I just did some minutes ago

I tried to reach the part where the heat came from, just behind the zune pad. and the board seems intact, I have an spare battery which I saved for later, should a battery change would work?

battery circuit and connections looks clean.

Oct 2, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #8 of 27
Are you a wizard? 
biggrin.gif
 I just did some minutes ago

I tried to reach the part where the heat came from, just behind the zune pad. and the board seems intact, I have an spare battery which I saved for later, should a battery change would work?

battery circuit and connections looks clean.

Try replacing the battery then. The heat may be coming from the battery itself.

Oct 2, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #9 of 27

Quote:
Try replacing the battery then. The heat may be coming from the battery itself.

the battery is up behind the screen, the heat came from down/front, just behind the circuit in the photo.

and changing the battery is all I can do anyway.

LOL the simpsons in on, very a la muppets and with kate perry 
eek.gif

Oct 2, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #10 of 27
I have a Zune phone (kin) and love it.

Its not picky at all, compared to the ipoo video which is fairly aggressive and quite picky about synergy.

Sorry about that, such a good player :'(

I hope that a new battery will hold a charge without overheating and that your Zune will come back to life.

Oct 3, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #13 of 27
Sorry for your loss bro...please keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back