RIP Karol Woityla (Pope John Paul II)
Apr 3, 2005 at 11:04 AM Post #31 of 37
Rest in peace old man. I'll never agree with much of what you did. But there's no doubt you believed in it, and that you did it because you believed it was the the right and moral thing. I'm glad you won't do any more damage, but I wish there were more people like you who stood for what they believe in and make changes the world as a result of it.

Best regards,

-Jason (former Catholic, Georgetown University SFS '97)

Apr 3, 2005 at 2:05 PM Post #32 of 37
please anyone who feels to I ask you, please, refrain from polemizing on this thread
at least on this day..
if you need to just open another thread about
don't ruin this thread it's a rip for a person who's gone

Apr 3, 2005 at 2:29 PM Post #33 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
please anyone who feels to I ask you please don't polemize on this thread
at least on this day..
don't ruin this thread , it's a rip for a person who's gone...
there's the outside forum; if you need to do it I think you can open it when you want and discuss there on whatever you need

I agree with this post...

I want to make it clear that I'm getting tired of policing a thread that ought to be an opportunity to say nice things about a man who is now dead.

As Jude has mentioned before, if you can't say something nice, stay out of it. If you feel the need to do otherwise, your post will be deleted. If you feel the need to start another thread with the thought that you'll be able to discuss it there, you'll find that thread locked/deleted.

I think of this as a community. In a community, we treat each other with respect. That means that we don't do stupid things to offend our neighbors just because we feel like it. Please keep this in mind as you post ANYWHERE in this site, but especially in a thread where other members are paying their respects to a departed religious leader.

BTW - No, I'm not willing to engage in a discussion about why my perspective on posts such as these is so wrong and/or censorship, and how these posts are OK...so don't even try starting it. Again, have a little respect for your neighbors.

Having said all that, I apologize for feeling the need to interject with this little blurb. I just thought that those who are considering such posts deserved one last, crystal clear warning - we're not going to put up with it.

Thanks....

Apr 4, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #35 of 37
I'm not Catholic, but was raised Catholic and and my grandfather is a priest who even had an audience with the pope. He gave me a vatican dollar and a Missel from that visit, both of which I still have.

But regardless of religious beliefs or a lack thereof, or if you agreed with all the church policies he made, it can't be argued that he was a man that stood for peace and love. He wasn't afraid to stand up for what he believed in, no matter what politicians might say. He loved the world, and the world loved him in return.

He will be missed. It feels like a distant but much loved and admired relative has passed away.

Apr 4, 2005 at 4:30 AM Post #37 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog
And hope for good leadership to come.

After all he did in his, I don't think that any other upcoming leadership will be even similar, in long years to come...hope to be wrong for our own good...and I'm praying for it everyday....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back