Nov 15, 2004 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dabblerblue

100+ Head-Fier
Geff Rushton (a.k.a. John Balance of COIL), 1962-2004

frown.gif

Nov 15, 2004 at 8:58 PM Post #2 of 6
Indeed.

plainface.gif

edit: While I am terribly sad and I do think it a great loss, what an idiot he is -- he has had a drinking problem for years and years and years. What a foolish way to go.

- Chris

Nov 16, 2004 at 5:42 AM Post #3 of 6
Kind of harsh to call a man with a illness an idiot, imo. jon's addiction has been on going for quite a while.

I have a friend, who, like Jon, has been going through a rough bout with alcoholism. Its tough as hell.

RIP Jon. Coil really was my entry into the world of industrial music. Been listening to them for ages and also have enjoyed his work with Current 93.

See ya on the other side.

Nov 16, 2004 at 8:41 PM Post #4 of 6
Coil was amazing, I really think there are groups that play their electronic instruments, where Coil MASTERED them. Not too many people/groups can really say that IMO.

Though I have a fair amount of their work, I listen mostly to Love's Secret Domain, just because it jingles my spine!

RIP.....

Nov 18, 2004 at 7:20 PM Post #6 of 6
Hopefully Coil will live on. LSD is one of my favorite Coil records as well. I love that I can get people to listen to it even if they would NEVER listen to Horse Rotorvator or some of the noisier Coil recordings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back