Rip in pleather pad on V6
Apr 17, 2004 at 1:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

taylor

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I bought the V6s in februrary. Recently, i've noticed small rips in the pleather starting to form. They are right at the edges, where it is stretched over the earcups. There are several rips, the largest being about 1/4" long.

What should I do to prevent these rips? Is there a chance of the earpad falling off due to these rips? Should I get Beyer earpads? Am I getitng worked up abotu minor wear and tear?

Apr 17, 2004 at 2:06 AM Post #3 of 5
This is not un-common on the V-6's. I've had mine a long time, and they will ultimately begin to peel leaving small black flecks on your ears. When this started happening to me, people started looking at me in a strange manner, until I figured out they were seeing what must appeared to them to be black danduff. The only cure once this begins is to replace the pads. With new pleather ones, the Beyer velour ones, or get the pad covers (kind of like seat covers for your ear pads) which are now made by several different companies.

- augustwest

Apr 17, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

When this started happening to me, people started looking at me in a strange manner, until I figured out they were seeing what must appeared to them to be black danduff.

LOL, I had a V6 since late 1980's and it did the exactly same thing to my face after 5-6 years of every day use. I wouldn't worry too much about it, just replace the pads with Beyer's or 7506's (I think they will fit
smily_headphones1.gif
). See this link to BH photo's 7506 replacement pad. Only $8.95, not bad huh?

Apr 18, 2004 at 7:57 PM Post #5 of 5
Ok, it's normal *relieved*
Now, when the black flecks start coming off, where do I get the DT250 pads? At the Philly meet I was comparing my V6 with pleather pads to a 7506 with velour pads, the velour ones were excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back