RIP Dimebag Darrel
Dec 9, 2004 at 6:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

dabblerblue

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- At least five people died and two others were wounded after a shooting at a Columbus nightclub on Wednesday night, NBC 4 reported.

The shooting took place shortly after 10 p.m. at Alrosa Villa, located at 5055 Sinclair Road.

Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band Pantera, NBC 4's David Wayne reported. The other band member's name was not released. The alleged gunman also died at the scene, Wayne reported.

I am utterly shocked. I can't think of anything else to say.

Dec 9, 2004 at 6:20 AM Post #2 of 42
There's another thread on this in Off Topic (this forum might be more suitable, actually), but it's still an unbelievable story. RIP Dimebag. Now we're forced to wait and see who the other dead band member is... I just hope it isn't Vinnie Paul, or else we've lost two legends in one night.

Dec 9, 2004 at 6:23 AM Post #3 of 42
EDIT~ Stuff removed. Was wrong.

And now I sit and hope it's not true... today's been bad enough as it is.

Still in shock.

Dec 9, 2004 at 6:26 AM Post #4 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by C38368
While I hate to fuel rumour, I've heard secondhand on another forum that Vinnie was also killed.

There's a lot of rumors. Vinnie's dead, Vinnie's not dead, Bobzilla's dead... we'll see...

Dec 9, 2004 at 6:30 AM Post #5 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
There's a lot of rumors. Vinnie's dead, Vinnie's not dead, Bobzilla's dead... we'll see...

Yeah, I know. Like I said, I saw that second hand. In the past five minutes, I've seen about a dozen other citations saying that Vinnie's fine. At least one person posted something about Vinnie using his cell to call his family.

Dec 9, 2004 at 1:03 PM Post #9 of 42
This is crazy...
eek.gif

frown.gif

Dec 9, 2004 at 3:01 PM Post #10 of 42
What the hell? Dimebag was the MAN!

Dec 9, 2004 at 3:06 PM Post #11 of 42
Holy Crap is all I can say. A sad day for heavy music....very sad.

Dec 9, 2004 at 3:38 PM Post #12 of 42
I used to live about a half mile from the nightclub where it happened and attended several concerts there. There have been other shootings and deaths there throughout the years, it used to be a nice part of town, but has really gone downhill in the last 10-20 years. According to local news, early reports from witnesses who were at the concert said the gunman said something about Darrell breaking up Pantera before he opened fire. Such a tragedy.

-Keith

Dec 9, 2004 at 6:54 PM Post #15 of 42
Yeah, yesterday was the 24th anniversary (1980) of John Lennon's murder. Kinda creepy.

-Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back