Rio SP-150 firmware upgradable?
Jan 5, 2003 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

itim100

Head-Fier
Has anybody upgraded their firmware on this device (the Rio SP150)? The SP-100 is upgradable, even using hacked iRiver software, but can this be done with the SP150? If so, what hardware is required to get the new (hopefully iRiver) firmware onto the device?

Jan 5, 2003 at 10:51 PM Post #2 of 5
I sent you a private message response as well...What you do once you find the correct firmware (you can and should use the iRiver firmware on the RioVolt, you can get the latest firmware here http://www.iriver.com/download/index...MP&product=ALL , the SP150 is quite possibly a clone of one of the iRiver models, possibly the IMP150, but I wouldn't be suprised either way. Then, you unzip the downloaded zip archive and run the executable, and click the firmware upgrade button, and this should place a hex file in the same directory. Burn only this hex file to a cd as you would any data disc and place the disc in your RioVolt. Turn it on, and it should flash itself to the new version. There is (was) a faq on their firmware somewhere on their site, maybe in one of the older firmware revisions, I'll see if I can find it.

Update: I can't seem to find the info on using the features of their firmwares, but I did find their help on how to update their players here http://www.iriver.com/download/help.asp .

Wait, you said you have the SP150, I kept on thinking you have the SP100 (which is what I have)...so their firmware may or may not be compatible with yours...I can't remember which iRiver model the SP150 is the same as if it even is...let me check on that. Please excuse my error, but the upgradeability (if yours has it, WILL be done in the same manner, we just have to figure out which firmware to use...

Jan 5, 2003 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 5
There isn't a comparable iRiver model to the SP150 on the iRiver site yet. It's a very new model so it may just not be up on the site yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back