Rio karma hard drive
Jan 5, 2006 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Outlaws

New Head-Fier
I want a last longing DAP with great sound quality, and can transfer files from PC to another.
I Know that karma sounds great as i read in this forum, but i read lots reviews says that the hard drive dies after 9 months aprox. , so wt u think about these reviews ?
and another question , can i transfer files without software, using ethernet or usb cable ?
thanks.

Jan 5, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #3 of 6
I bought a Karma despite the reviews and warnings. I bought a refurb and used it for about 7 months. WORKED GREAT!!! I sold it when my library out grew its capacity and have regretted it ever since. I am not contemplating purchasing a busted one to tinker with and maybe replace the harddrive. There truly is nothing quite like that little player... *cries*

Jan 5, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #4 of 6
The Karma is a crap shoot. I bought two refurbs from Amazon and both of them developed hard drive problems, lockups and incessant seek clicking, within a week. The HD and the click wheel are the Karma's Achilles heel. Some people have great luck with the Karma, but the player's problems are well documented and substantiated. Too bad, because functionally it's a great DAP.

Based on my experience (and that of many others), I'd suggest that the OP look elsewhere if one of his main requirements for a DAP is durability.

Jan 5, 2006 at 8:39 PM Post #6 of 6
The problems are managable provided you don't mind performing surgery on your DAP. My point was that there are other options out there that are much more reliable than the Karma, reliability being one of the OP's requirements. Another drawback is the fact that Rio as a company no longer exists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back