Rio Karma 20gb $269 shipped (AR) - Fantastic!
Nov 4, 2003 at 11:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

austonia

Headphoneus Supremus
$274 + $20 rebate

http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage....cz3&id=1001537

Why settle for a Zen NX, Dell DJ, etc when you can have this gem?

CHEAP.

(shipping a little steep - 2nd day $15)

If you got the extra dollas, go for an iHP-120, sure, but for the $ this is a hot deal!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2003 at 3:36 PM Post #4 of 20
i think the rebate is from Rio, other places are offering it as well.

if your wondering about Comp-U-Plus, i ordered my ihP-100 from them, amazingly fast shipping, i paied for FedEx 2 business day shipping but got it in one day, and i live at CA! (they'r pretty far from here, but dont remember where exactly)

Nov 4, 2003 at 4:51 PM Post #5 of 20
I'm not discounting Karma's worth in the market, but when saying why settle for the Zen NX, I have to question that. Tell me this Austonia. If you required more than 20G's of space for your collection and were constantly adding new music to it, what's currently available on the market that offers more than 20G's at a good price with excellent sound, half way decent battery life and a replaceable battery. I don't think I've settled when I'm perfectly happy with what I've got. I'd have settled if I'd have to cut down on my collection to fit it all on the Karma or IHP. If the Karma or IHP had a larger harddrive model, we wouldn't be having this conversation, but when my only option in the market is to go up to the funny money IPOD with its substandard battery life in order to get a larger harddrive, then I purchased based on my need and bang for buck. I think I got that. I did purchase the NX a few months ago before the Xtra came out so I can't do anything about that, but just because the NX has a smaller screen ( Something I hardly use. Set a Playlist and enjoy ), doesn't mean I'm settling. To each is own and priorities might lie elsewhere for some, but to me sound quality is priority one, harddrive space is a close second. Size is less important to me so how have I settled in buying this when it fits my needs?

Nov 4, 2003 at 5:18 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by callanish
I'm not discounting Karma's worth in the market, but when saying why settle for the Zen NX, I have to question that. Tell me this Austonia. If you required more than 20G's of space for your collection and were constantly adding new music to it, what's currently available on the market that offers more than 20G's at a good price with excellent sound, half way decent battery life and a replaceable battery. I don't think I've settled when I'm perfectly happy with what I've got. I'd have settled if I'd have to cut down on my collection to fit it all on the Karma or IHP. If the Karma or IHP had a larger harddrive model, we wouldn't be having this conversation, but when my only option in the market is to go up to the funny money IPOD with its substandard battery life in order to get a larger harddrive, then I purchased based on my need and bang for buck. I think I got that. I did purchase the NX a few months ago before the Xtra came out so I can't do anything about that, but just because the NX has a smaller screen ( Something I hardly use. Set a Playlist and enjoy ), doesn't mean I'm settling. To each is own and priorities might lie elsewhere for some, but to me sound quality is priority one, harddrive space is a close second. Size is less important to me so how have I settled in buying this when it fits my needs?

You are right of course, to each thier own. I am still kind of psyched about my freind's Karma, it just has a lot unique features and a pretty unique design as well. I would prefer to have the Karma over a Zen NX, but if you need capacity, Creative is certainly capable of serving up some beefy players. Of course, it is also easy to offer such storage when they are using the larger, heavier notebook (2.5") drives as opposed to the newer 1.8" drives.

Nov 4, 2003 at 6:22 PM Post #7 of 20
In my case I use to have the zen xtra with 30gb but I had to set my priority straight. I can either have the zen xtra's capacity and battery replacement or have the Karma's features and size. So my conclusion to my choices were Karma's features and size. And in fact that this unit is a lot easier to navigate than the Zen xtra, that's also a plus.

Nov 4, 2003 at 6:37 PM Post #8 of 20
Quick Q: (I have another thread discussing this but I've not gotten many replies and it seems relevant here)

iHP vs Karma = ?

Both are the two considerations of mine at the moment as I require .ogg compatibility. Sound quality is another consideration of mine (EQ doesn't matter much, as I doubt I'll ever touch it). Certainly I would like something reliable as well. Thanks a lot.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2003 at 6:42 PM Post #9 of 20
You can order from Compuplus with confidence. I've ordered a lot of stuff from them in the past, and they have some of the best prices. Only deal is that just as with other gray market "discounted" shops, they recoup some of it on the shipping, and Compuplus only offers something like 2 day shipping at 15-19 bucks a pop.

The other thing about Compuplus is that, depending on the product, their prices sometimes fluctuate. It's not uncommon to watch a product and see the price go up or down from one day to the next. Sometimes it changes a couple times a day. I'd say watch the item, see if the price changes, if so, buy it on the low.

Nov 8, 2003 at 12:19 AM Post #11 of 20
Circuit City has the Karma for $250 now, and I think there's a rebate aside from that price. I was just there today.

Nov 8, 2003 at 12:23 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by Sweet Spot
Circuit City has the Karma for $250 now, and I think there's a rebate aside from that price. I was just there today.

Zounds! Are you serious? It's like $390 on their site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back