Haha, those who live in glass houses...

... should not cast stones.
icon10.gif

Jan 18, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
here's what steve jobs had to say about it:

http://dapreview.net/comment.php?comment.news.946

Oh man, I love those pics. I hadn't seen those before. Therefore my following comments can be safely skipped...

"Very small display"
'So we got rid of it entirely!'

"Tortured User Interface"
'We got rid of that too!'

"No click wheel"
'Wait! Our product doesn't have a click wheel either! Foiled again.'

Now I've decided I don't mind the Shuffle, primarily because it is easy to use it as a USB stick, unlike, say, the Forge. However, whoever made that slide is dumb.

Jan 18, 2005 at 10:57 PM Post #19 of 20
I own a Rio Forge, I don't know about tortured user interface. I bought mine and haven't even looked at the manual yet and I've had it for about a month and a half.

I am not so sure about the very small display either; for the most part I know what I am listening to by the music anyway. I just look at the display for reference.

I don't even know what a click wheel is so I don’t know if this is a good or a bad thing.

Finally, for me 256Mb is plenty of music to carry around with me and I can add in an SD memory card if I need it. I don't need to take all of my music with me where ever I go.

I'm sure the iPod Shuffle has a place. I just don't think I will buy one, at least not in the foreseeable future.

Jan 20, 2005 at 12:42 PM Post #20 of 20
Ive used 4 portables in the past month and the forge has the best EQ. All of the others have bands that are in a range i dont care to boost or cut or if anything is boosted it distorts. This one has a really good sound and it gets pretty darn loud. Ive tried the philips 8" CDR, the scandisk 1 gig, the creative zenXtra and this one and i like the sound of this one the best.

Im like the other guy, when im on the go i dont need 30 gigs of music. 1 gig memory is more then enough for me. I dont think i like the idea of the moving parts in the hard drive units. I know how fragile hard drives are and these dont sound like a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back