RIMOWA Luggage-FI
Sep 17, 2019 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

PatekBruguetMogul

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone else have a love for the fine craftsmanship of RIMOWA Luggage. I am over the top with this luggage brand and see it as we travel through out the world..

IMG_3295.JPG
IMG_3296.JPG
IMG_3297.JPG

Sep 24, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #3 of 19
I don't own anything from Rimowa, but I definitely appreciate the craftsmanship. I just picked up a Briggs & Riley today for an upcoming trip overseas!
That is also quite nice luggage too..

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #4 of 19
Anyone else have a love for the fine craftsmanship of RIMOWA Luggage. I am over the top with this luggage brand and see it as we travel through out the world..

Never had any idea that luggage-fi does exist. Will need to investigate that Rimova brand to start somewhere. I always thought that Samsonite was decent.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Sep 24, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #5 of 19
Never had any idea that luggage-fi does exist. Will need to investigate that Rimova brand to start somewhere. I always thought that Samsonite was decent.
I just recently became interested in this as I'm traveling more for work. Some of the top names I've heard out there are Tumi and Rimowa at the top, Briggs&Riley and Samsonite Black Label at the mid-top, and Travelpro, Eagle Creek, and regular Samsonite just a bit cheaper but still high quality.

I went with a B&R because they and Eagle Creek are the only two companies I've heard of that have a 100% no questions asked warranty and repair policy.

Sep 24, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #8 of 19
To me Rimowa stands alone above all the rest to include Tumi, however like anything else, its only an opinion. I love the way the product is brand protected ever since they were bought by LV last year. I have over 15 pieces of it and just continue to pick up one every know and then just because..

IMG_1777.JPG
IMG_1778.JPG

Sep 27, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #9 of 19
I like Rimowa for checked luggage. Not really a fan of it as a carry-on. I have three pieces of the Topaz line, two Limbos and one Salsa Sports Trunk. The main benefit of Rimowa is that is light and strong. For a carry-on it is pretty hard to go over weight and the fact that you don't have pockets and can't stuff it as easily as soft sided luggage is annoying. Also hard to easily get things out at the airport. For checked luggage, Rimowa is awesome.

Rimowa is light weight and the rigid structured has lead to more repairs than I have experienced with Tumi, but nothing serious...few broken wheels on two Topaz bags, on cracked Limbo (don't really recommend the Limbo hybrid models) also had the zipper break on the Sports trunk when it was new. Luckily there are Rimowa stores all over the place now. They were able to fix my broken zipper on the sports trunk within one day while traveling in Helsinki...pretty happy about that.

Sep 27, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #12 of 19
Have you cracked any of your limbos yet?

All of those are carry on and never would have a issue with them, however I have no doubt if you had the larger checked ones they surely would be subjected to a heck of a lot of abuse no doubt.. I have yet had any of these gate checked and hold my breath always..:)

Jan 23, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #13 of 19
For me Rimowa has been on a downhill track for a few years now. First going all-spinner (no 2 wheelers anymore) and especially after the LVHM buyout going from high quality, somewhat bling, reliable luggage, to Asian-bling, dumbed down "lifestyle" product that looks like a cheap copy of itself and putting the LVHM extra on the price tag.

I have a few Topas in different sizes (from rollaboard to trunk), once they are beyond repair, I'll need to find a new luggage brand.

Jan 24, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #14 of 19
Not too keen on having a aluminum luggage that scratches easily and dents really can't go back to the way it was ever again or what rimowa have you believe is patina that tells a story bull.I have seen way too many Rimowa damaged beyond use. I prefer a semi hard case and ended up buying the Tumi Tegra Lites and have had it completely crush by something very heavy in the middle that left a crease which just pop back into place.

If i needed a hard case I think I would look into something like a Pelican case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back