RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/headphones/tips Ranking list, Music list)
Jul 27, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #331 of 1,219
Jul 29, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #332 of 1,219
Got my Intime Sora 2 and the Kinera Freya.

The freya is just a big dissapointment...you guys should just forget about it...

Sora 2 on the other hand, I just started listening, so very early impressions. But it is damn good. Definitely interested in Intime´s better stuff. Just sad that it doesnt have a replaceable cable....

Jul 29, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #333 of 1,219
Got my Intime Sora 2 and the Kinera Freya.

The freya is just a big dissapointment...you guys should just forget about it...

Sora 2 on the other hand, I just started listening, so very early impressions. But it is damn good. Definitely interested in Intime´s better stuff. Just sad that it doesnt have a replaceable cable....

Well u can always recable or MMCX mod the Sora2?

Yeah i liked the preproduction unit of the Freya cause it wasn't that fatiguing, but they went to boost the treble for the final unit for better perceived technicalities (yours is final production unit?).

Jul 30, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #335 of 1,219
Well u can always recable or MMCX mod the Sora2?

Yeah i liked the preproduction unit of the Freya cause it wasn't that fatiguing, but they went to boost the treble for the final unit for better perceived technicalities (yours is final production unit?).
I dont have to skills to recable it lol.

Yeah sadly it is the final and retail version.

Wait till burn-in, it'll be even better
I dont believe in burn in, its all brain burn in.

Jul 30, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #336 of 1,219
2020-07-30: Added the Kinera Freya grade D+ and review is up: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kinera-freya.24467/reviews#item-review-24045

They really messed up this one.... its like they made something really bad and then tried to cover it up with the aesthetics, packaging and accessories and then thought "lets make it overpriced so it seems that it is good, because you know...price = SQ"...

On another more positive note, the Intime Sora 2 is a damn excellent iem.

Jul 31, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #338 of 1,219
Lemme guess... C+
:L3000:
No lol, It is in the upper tier. At the bare minimum A. I am gonna give it little bit more time though, because this one really goes for my heart with tuning and it has the technicalities to match that. Also want to hear the Ibasso IT00 before I judge the sora 2. (even more important since they are in the same price range (if you are importing it with all the damn fees)).

Jul 31, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #339 of 1,219
No lol, It is in the upper tier. At the bare minimum A. I am gonna give it little bit more time though, because this one really goes for my heart with tuning and it has the technicalities to match that. Also want to hear the Ibasso IT00 before I judge the sora 2. (even more important since they are in the same price range (if you are importing it with all the damn fees)).

Tis a pity about the Sora2's non detachable cable. I got burnt by non detachable cables dying multiple times, so I generally won't buy anything more than 30 USD without a detachable cable, no matter how good it may sound.

Plus some of us wanna use balanced connections or wireless connections/BT dongles or even change sound signature subtley via cables (if u ain't a cable skeptic). Or for a minimum give better haptic/asthetics or add a cable cinch with a cable change.

Jul 31, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #340 of 1,219
Tis a pity about the Sora2's non detachable cable. I got burnt by non detachable cables dying multiple times, so I generally won't buy anything more than 30 USD without a detachable cable, no matter how good it may sound.

Plus some of us wanna use balanced connections or wireless connections/BT dongles or even change sound signature subtley via cables (if u ain't a cable skeptic). Or for a minimum give better haptic/asthetics or add a cable cinch with a cable change.
yeah, I want to use a balanced cable for my iems because having more power is almost always better.
Unlimited_Power_Banner.jpg

And being able to replace the cable if it dies instead of replacing the entire iem is muuuuuuuch better (especially for me that already has a lot of cables).

Jul 31, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #342 of 1,219
@baskingshark You'll buy mmcx IEMs for detachable?

@RikudouGoku Pretty sure different tuning to IT00. For comparison, it should be IT00 vs e3k on bass only because e3k probably lose in mids, treble no idea.
Yeah, sora 2 and e3k is definitely apples to oranges. Completely different.

Jul 31, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #344 of 1,219
No, I'm talking about IT00 vs sora-2
Oh, can't comment on that since I haven't gotten my it00 yet. But from the others impressions it is definitely different.

Jul 31, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #345 of 1,219
@baskingshark You'll buy mmcx IEMs for detachable?

@RikudouGoku Pretty sure different tuning to IT00. For comparison, it should be IT00 vs e3k on bass only because e3k probably lose in mids, treble no idea.

I prefer 2 pin anyday to MMCX for longevity purposes. But if the IEM only comes in MMCX variant, I'm ok to get it still, just maybe I'll try to leave a dedicated cable on it and not do frequent connecting/disconnecting.

Though 2 pin has some issues such as confusing variants eg angled/straight, recessed/protruding, QDC, para A/B/C, 0.75 mm and 0.78 mm variants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back